Need a little help here

RelicHunterSantise

Feb 4, 2009
louisville, ky
Be very very patient with me. I am going to try to ask a few questions and try to figure a few things out. I would appreciate any and all help you can muster up. :icon_pirat: and don't go stealin my lute!! :tongue3:

There is a property that I know of. (oooohhhh) It has been traced back to 1850 in ownership but its older then that. The owners of the property think the original house was already there prior to 1792. They have reason to believe that it was an inn (maybe maybe not?!!?) during this time period. I need to find out 1) which county (there were only 3 at the time) it was originally in 2) deed ownership prior to 1850 3) what else could I use other then Sanborn Maps (it is a rural property) that would show the outline of the property :thumbsup:

Ideas anyone?

I think I have a gold mine here and I want as much research done a head of time prior to headin out there. Its a HAUL from me!!

xoxo

OP
OP
RelicHunterSantise

RelicHunterSantise

Feb 4, 2009
louisville, ky
just-geese said:
RelicHunterSantise said:
Be very very patient with me. I am going to try to ask a few questions and try to figure a few things out. I would appreciate any and all help you can muster up. :icon_pirat: and don't go stealin my lute!! :tongue3:

There is a property that I know of. (oooohhhh) It has been traced back to 1850 in ownership but its older then that. The owners of the property think the original house was already there prior to 1792. They have reason to believe that it was an inn (maybe maybe not?!!?) during this time period. I need to find out 1) which county (there were only 3 at the time) it was originally in 2) deed ownership prior to 1850 3) what else could I use other then Sanborn Maps (it is a rural property) that would show the outline of the property :thumbsup:

Ideas anyone?

I think I have a gold mine here and I want as much research done a head of time prior to headin out there. Its a HAUL from me!!

xoxo

Since you know where the property is now,I'm not sure I would worry about the original county is was in. You should be able to go to the county court house ,recorders office and trace the deed to the property, Ask if the have land plats of the property that you can make copies of. These will normally show buildings and property lines. You are looking at a very thin time line on the property between 1760's to 1792. here's a map link that may help
J-G
http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query

I wasnt able to open the site you sent. I would like to look at it htough.

The reason I need the county is because the current county it is in only has the records for that county once it became a county. Anything prior to that are "suppose" to be with the original county. Land plats would be nice.....

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
RelicHunterSantise said:

Ideas anyone?

I am sending you a PM.

Nova Treasure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread