Need Advice: Garrett, Tesoro, or Fisher

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Fisher, it would have to be the CZ20/21.........small 8 inch coil...Ruff water up your way, to much iron and junk for the other two....

One you might consider, the Blisstool...good for up to the saltwater, Only...Most of the hunting in the area's you have named has very good wetsand hunting, your beachs are long, and flat..lots of Black sand....

I'm considering one for the Bay in Maryland, in the Brackish water .....would take a little work to get it water ready but I believe this is the detector that will give one a huge Edge in many places.....

WWW.blisstoolusa.com

#!

Last edited:

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i were you i buy Excalibur for the salt water; For the Garrett and fisher are good but minelab is best. I wish you luck.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
All of then are good good machines made by companies that have been in business a long time. I own several modles from the manufactures you mentioned except Tesoro. No reason that I don't own a Tesoro, just that my others do the job for me. You will gets a lot of opinions, but they haven't made the perfect water detector yet.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listen to OBN. :icon_thumleft: MD's are lots like golf clubs. You need different ones for different jobs or beaches. Some beaches I've use a Pulse like the Sand Shark and others either the Excal or CZ20/21.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have right Sandman, i agree with you. For me I use depending on the nature of the beaches: Target depth, the quantity of iron, type of beach, the rocks.

OP
OP
Jersey Hunter

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been using the Fisher CZ-7a without a problem, just want to try something new. Has anyone used the new Teknetics G2 on the beach? How is it?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread