Need advice on Iron Ore interference ?

Grizzly13

Sep 22, 2012
Eastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac/Sunray Probe. Garrett 2500/garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
H???as anyone had the problem of ground that was almost undetectable because of iron in the ground ? I stopped at a farm for permission to detect and was pleasantly granted it by a very nice couple. The farm consists of outhouse, well pump, smoke house, barber shop, barn, shed and to top it all off it used to be a one room school house then boarding house. OMG what more could we dream of ? The barber shop was for the miners in the near Iron Ore mines and the house also served as boarding for them. Then after all this information I was shown the foundation location of the original Homestead, are you kidding me ! I was salivating by the time I got started. Then all --ll broke lose with my E-Trac going bonkers ! The sensitivity would drive it self to practically ZERO ! I ran it in manual but the falsing just killed me. I did end up finding a harmonica next to the outhouse that was pretty cool, but I had nothing but falsing all day. What can I do ? HELP ! :BangHead:

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You won't like it.... Find another detector. I don't think E-Tracs like iron rich soil from what I've been told. A detector like a White's MXT or a pulse machine like a Minelab GPX may work well for you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread