Need advice on new e trac or the vison from whites

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im going to buy one or the other next week, just wondering if anyone bought the new E trac or the new vison from whites...

Im looking to but a detector at a high quality so i dont buy a new one next year.. LoL never thought i have 2 already and want another one... but i have 2 huge hunts comeing up in PA. and in florida, over winter

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
While I don't have either machine I do have a comment for you.

About a month ago I went hunting with a friend that has a Vision. I hunted with my Quattro.
I got nearly all the goodies, and he found most all the clad.

Near the end of the day I got a perfect Quarter tone and ID, deep. It showed at about 11 to 12 inches on the Quattro.
He came over with his Vision to show me what it would look like on the screen. He couldn't even get a hit on it.
After several tries he became skeptical, so I dug up the 1945 Washington.

There is a great deal I like about the Vision, but finding deep silver is pretty important in my book too.

Good Luck,
Mark

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. i thought the vision would be a awsome machine... I dont need much with screens.. im going to look at the quatrro

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After i have spent hour of reviews it seems the f75 maybe the better choice, out of all. dang i hate this part.. but it saves me few bucks

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Hey Planet,
I think the Quattro is a great machine, but it has a steep learning curve. They new upgrade is the Safari.
For my money an Explorer or an E-trac would be the way to go. The FBS is worth it's weight in gold.
The Explorers and E-tracs really can tell you alot about your target before you dig.

I use the new 11" procoil on my Quattro, and the depth is incredible.

Just a thought, look at "Today's Finds" and see what the guys that are consistantly posting the best stuff are using. You will see a very high percentage are using Explorers and E-tracs. That is what I noticed anyway.

Good Luck,
Mark

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is hard... i just want a high end one. so i dont buy another in 2010...I tried dans the mans e-trac one day, its actually itimadating. but dan just set up for me as a hit and go, not too much what it has.. i just dont know if a graphic screen would take away from it. or if after i get a e-trac, i would be disapointed, i tried dans spectrum and one day he showed me it.. we hit so much stuff my cibola could not pick up cleanly and it was 4-6inchs..

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Hey,
There is no such thing as the perfect machine, or we would all be using the same one!

There will be a learning curve with ANY high end machine. There were a few days I would have traded my Quattro for just about anything. But, as soon as you start getting it you wouldn't trade it for anything! I think the e-trac and explorers are well set up for that. You can start out with the default configurations, and then tweak it more and more as you get comfortable with the machine.

Good Luck, Planet

Mark

OP
OP
Planet1mars

Planet1mars

Feb 18, 2008
Shelby Twp., mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks.... Its too bad there wasent a perfect machine

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would compare the features of the E-Trac and the Vision if I where you; look what you want and need.

For example:
Vision 3 frequensys that you can use individually.
E-Trac - 1.5-100 kHz (according to hype!) but you don't know which your using. ::)

Compare, that's my tip.
Make a list.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
E-trac lets you down load load progs from your PC. Other than that it's a glorified Explorer.
Sad to say my DFX sits in the closet collecting dust.

Save half the $$ and buy a used Explorer.

my .02 cents ffd

NealNoINIronBrigade

May 4, 2007
I agree with Fistfullofdirt! Buy a used Explorer XS or Explorer 2 and it will do everything the Etrac will do and more than the Whites will do. Also more than the F 75 will do. However if weight is a major issue then disregard this. I've compared the XS over many targets to many other machines and they honestly just don't hack it. Just my opinion.
HH
Neal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread