Need advice on this dimes find...

chow

Feb 25, 2010
MIDWEST
Greetings CRHers. Two boxes of dimes today - first one had two Roosies (about average for me) and one Merc (bonus!). Second one was 50 rolls of bank wrapped uncirculated 2008-d's. Shiniest ends I have ever seen. My question is should I just return these or is there any demand out there for rolls like this? I looked on Ebay and it looks hit-and-miss, but when they do sell they can sell for $8-10/roll.

What do you guys think - dump the box, sell them roll by roll, try to sell the entire box? Let me know...

Upvote 0

JJtheRollHunter

Aug 2, 2009
Nice finds! Welcome to TNet. I would just take the whole box of 2008s to the bank. If you find a 2009 box, that's a different story.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I'd say put 5 rolls on ebay on 5 different auctions. The first 5 auctions have NO fee to sell them. Start them at $6 per roll, plus the shipping (Don't overcharge on the shipping).

If they sell, you have a profit. can't beat that! if they don't then turn them in and get more.

It costs nothing to try, and if you make a profit that is great. If not, nothing is lost. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread