Need advise just starting

I used the ace 250 for a long time.
I found a lot of coins and it goes deep. Really deep after a good soaking rain.
It takes some geting used to, you have to learn the sounds.
Good detector to get started on, for a few months and then you will want a more advanced detector.
Good hunting.

Welcome to the hobby and it will take up a lot of that retired time. Don't know anything about the Aces but a lot of people use them. Use a Whites myself and should be getting out soon.

Retired in Louisville
Jimmy

Hello first off and welcome! I'm in Russell County,KY myself and I have just recently passed my 1 year anniversary and I asked the same question a little over a year ago. Everybody was really helpful on here, and also just about everyone recommended the Ace 250. So I bought one and haven't looked back, I have found all kinds of neat coins, no gold yet, still Md'ng for that although I have found a gold pocket watch dated back to 1894, thanks to one of the many awesome people on T'net. Anyway back to the ace 250 like i said I've been using for over year now and I am just now getting to where I can just about tell you what I'm fixing to dig out of the ground, at least part of the time. I would definitely recommend the ace 250 for at least a year like me and then maybe you'll be ready for a better more expensive model. Or that's my opinion, but you know what those are like with out me saying anything else. Regardless of what you decide Happy Hunting and Make use of this valuable resource Treasure Net!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back