need an experts advice please verify and comment

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The machine great in wet sand just like the Classic 3 that it is a direct Chinese rip off of The problem is all motion machines are based on the same circuitry circa 1979 They cannot be patented as the patent is already in existence.

is this true so you can copy any motion machine call it whatever and sell it.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I don't know the laws in Asia, where most of the counterfeit detectors are made. A man in Indonesia makes copies of most detectors, even using the company name & model number of those copied. The price is like buy one, get two free. They could have inferior build quality, quality control problems, or poor depth or poor disc, presumably no warranty unless a dealer offers to replace the detector if it fails in a year or 90 days. One detector I see on that big auction site looks sort of like an Ace 250, with added features. A review said the ID bounced too much to tell what anything was. At least they didn't call it an Ace 250 or give it an identical appearance. I'm no expert, never studied patent law, but maybe my post will get others to respond.

Of course, newer digital detectors have newer proprietary software & I think the designers &/or mfrs get a patent?? Good American detectors have visual & tone IDs selling for about $200 or so, nobody should buy a detector unless it's made by a major company & the new units have a warranty, & they come from an authorized dealer. Best wishes, George (MN)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread