Need another dump bank! How to convince parents?!

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Ok, so I have 3 pick up banks for next week, 2 Huntington's with 4 boxes of cents each and a USBANK with 2 boxes to pick up! I found at that a different Huntington (One I don't order from) has a coin counter, and there is only 1 in the area. I did my first coin counter dump there of $65 in cents. I then come in to pick up my bucket I had my coins in the next day, and they said that they don't want me coming in every week with that many pennies to run through their coin counter. I keep asking for more and more from my parents, but I don't want to be a "brat". I just want an account at first merit now because I found at that just about every branch in the area has a free coin counter, and there is like 10 of them within a 10 mile raidus! How do I convince my parents to let me open an account there!? Because I'm sure I could get rid of around $175 in cents every week with 10 banks with coin counters in the area. I could obviously order less, but I want to go through as large of a volume as possible. I could easily go through $500 a week by hand if I had the cash and the dump banks.

Upvote 0

albert

Jul 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have same problem. My dad says that crh is a waste of time

He refuses to open me a td bank account for no reson but gets me a credit card??

I'm opening an account with my card using my credit ... Thanks dad!

I don't know get honor roll like I did

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
tell your parents you want a new bank...

Yeah, I've tried to explain the situation to them, on how much easier it would be to find "valuable" coins and be able to make $30+ a week just by selling copper, from the larger volume I could do, but they still don't want to do it. I only have 2 banks to order and dump coins. I also told them that as soon as I make the $100 minimum deposit I can withdraw $80 the next day and only keep $20 in there. It is just impossible to explain to them how much easier it is on me to get rid of the coins if I have a First Merit account. And after I have an account with them I have all of the banks in my area pretty much covered. I just look up how many first merits are in a 15 mile radius of me and it came up with 30+ branches. O.o And if I go and dump like $200 at once it is only going to cost me $5 in gas. They said put them in COINSTAR!!!!!!! :BangHead: I told them I don't want to lost $15 each week to coinstar!!!!

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I have same problem. My dad says that crh is a waste of time

He refuses to open me a td bank account for no reson but gets me a credit card??

I'm opening an account with my card using my credit ... Thanks dad!

I don't know get honor roll like I did

I am on Honor Roll. 3.7 GPA, but no, that isn't good enough for them they need me to get a 4.0.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should adhere to your parents' wishes. At this point it is their decision. When you get out on your own, then you can do as you please.

However, there is nothing wrong with pleading your case. I would use eBay as a reference to show them the amount at which copper cents are currently selling. Next, figure how how many copper cents that you would "expect" to find doing the volume that you would like to do, and show them the amount of profit you would expect to make per month. Give them a business-type presentation. If that doesn't work, then keep sorting what they allow you to do. As soon as you have say $50 face value in copper cents, immediately sell them on eBay and show them the profit. That might just change their minds.

If they still say, "No" then just kindly abide by their wishes. As I said above, it is their decision to make.

sagthegreat

Jul 12, 2012
Sterling VA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What i do is let the coins pile up, and when my parents get annoyed, they tell me to roll them. After 2 hours or rolling they feel sorry for me and opened me an account

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
You should adhere to your parents' wishes. At this point it is their decision. When you get out on your own, then you can do as you please.

However, there is nothing wrong with pleading your case. I would use eBay as a reference to show them the amount at which copper cents are currently selling. Next, figure how how many copper cents that you would "expect" to find doing the volume that you would like to do, and show them the amount of profit you would expect to make per month. Give them a business-type presentation. If that doesn't work, then keep sorting what they allow you to do. As soon as you have say $50 face value in copper cents, immediately sell them on eBay and show them the profit. That might just change their minds.

If they still say, "No" then just kindly abide by their wishes. As I said above, it is their decision to make.

Thanks for your advice! I already sold a $100 box of copper cents and made slightly under $30, and I only had to search $400 to get that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread