Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My next door neighbor has seen me out detecting and said he has a detector, but hasn't had it out "for a while". He's been going through some difficult personal problems and I've encouraged him to get his detector so we could buddy up on hunts (hoping it might help him through tough times). He just stopped in with his detector.........a Coinmaster 5000 D. Yep..........
It's got to be 20+ years old, but it's what he has............
The problem is the battery pack. The detector runs off 8 AA batteries in a series with a single hook up that would be compatible with a standard 9 volt battery. Where in the wide, wide world of detecting can we find such an animal to get him up and running?
Any and all help would be appreciated................

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can't find it on White's website then give them a call I bet they can help, I'd call the one in Sweet Home OR. HH

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At White's site click on batteries, I think I seen the one you need for just under $10.00 I would call to make sure that one will fit the detector your needing it for. HH

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I replaced one like that on my Dual Field PI with one from radio shack. EXACT match to stock one. Ask a clerk where they are. Sometimes in a drawer or someplace.

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the info.........
I found a local White's dealer who operates out of his home and sent my neighbor to see him........they know each other!! :laughing7: The new battery pack has been secured. The best part of the story........they made a deal to get my neighbor upgraded to a new White's Treasuremaster for cost!! The dealer will sell the 5000D and charge my buddy $100.........:occasion14:
Life can be less complicated if we just let it..............:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread