Need better spots to MD

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Went out with the MD today, didn't get much at all. about $1.27 Clad. and that's about it... wait... no. I found an old iron fence post. But on a brighter note I've caught wind of an old Wagon trail that settlers used to use. It cuts right through my grandfather's property. I'm heading up there soon hopefully to find something worthwhile.
Until next time,

Keep your eyes on the ground and happy hunting

Steven

Upvote 0

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Sounds like a great spot to hunt.Good luck and let us know what you find....JO

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have hunted a couple of sites similar to the wagon trail you are talking about. I never had much luck and it occurs to me that I think I know why. I have noticed that much of the artifacts and coins recovered from these sites are done so in conjunction with some kind of excavations that brings the items to the surface. Such things as highway construction, sidewalk replacement, building demolition and new construction. I am guessing that a lot of targets are so deep that we probably would never find them unless some outside influence would unearth them or at least make them closer to the surface. It's frustrating to know the goods are there but you just don't have the capability to recover them. Does that seem like I am on track in my thinking? JIM

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
good luck.ask some of your friends who might let you hit their yards,every one i have hit i have found coins and most of em are older.

peace,bigrig

OP
OP
Johnny X

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Thanks for the posts guys,

Jimmileo, that sounds about right. It's the same as when I indian artifact hunt. You pretty much have to have the field plowed to bring anything to the surface.

Keep your eyes on the ground.

HH

Steven

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Good luck with the new site! I have hunted a few old wagon trails and found only newer shotgun shells, most likely cause my BH cant find the deeper stuff ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions