Need button ID and other.

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Need help identifying these items. The button is missing the back side. It appears to feature cannons, stars and the letters “c a”. I’m assuming it’s a confederate artillery button. Also wondering about this clip. Is this military issue or at least civil war era. Can’t seem to find either online. D306D508-59EC-4204-8AC3-72E9B956A160.jpeg 7331ED36-7A32-493B-869A-478C9259475E.jpeg

Upvote 0

TheCannonballGuy

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2006
Occupied CSA (Richmond VA)
Detector(s) used
White's 6000, Nautilus DMC-1, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The two crossed tubes on your button-front's face seem to have a 6-point "asterisk" (*) at both ends of the tubes. So, the tubes are not cannons.

Your button-front's emblem does not appear in any of the books on American Military buttons, so I have to assume it is a Civilian-usage emblem (and button).

OP
OP
the_mad_cladder

the_mad_cladder

Jan 2, 2015
North Carolina
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with all the coils, MI-6 pinpointer, Ace350 and Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The two crossed tubes on your button-front's face seem to have a 6-point "asterisk" (*) at both ends of the tubes. So, the tubes are not cannons.

Your button-front's emblem does not appear in any of the books on American Military buttons, so I have to assume it is a Civilian-usage emblem (and button).

Thanks for taking time to research it for me. I found a general service eagle button very close to it on the same day. That was my first cw button so I’m just glad to have finally found one. I imagine whatever this is it is same era.... we found zero post 1900 stuff in the area. Thanks again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions