Need coins?

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've decided I'm going to sell off my collection. It makes me sick to do this. However I have to. I will keep some of my favorites but having so much hoarded away and not much extra money to spend on my family is not doing good for me. So check my eBay store food like I'm knocking list them all at once that would probably give me a heart attack!!

Key dates. Everything. Well except the gold coins.

image-3067015156.jpg

I will probably only list 10 at a time maybe a little more. I'm not too eager to sell them but it will happen over the next couple months.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your sell off :thumbsup:

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
I presume you have some 1964 and earlier US "junk" silver coins in your collection. If you can afford it, I would recommend keeping at least some of those as an insurance policy against a major financial calamity where government currency is no longer perceived to have value. This is a highly unlikely scenario but such things have happened.

Take a look at Argentina right now. It is my understanding that much basic daily busines in Argentina these days is conducted there using small amounts of gold (such as a few links of chain) as currency instead of the worthless paper issued by the government. Your gold coins are a great store of value but in circumstances like Argentina, they won't do you much good if you need to buy basic necessities like food and fuel. A gold coin that might be worth a few hundred today might be worth a few thousand if a panic hits. That's too much to use for your daily needs but junk silver coins might fit the bill nicely.

Good luck with your sales.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Damn...that Stone Mountain Half dollar is calling my name...I just started collection Commemorative halves...Would you sell straight up on here? Ive sold and bought several things with no problems.

Plus you already have my address :)

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll vouch for Beachkid - made a transaction with him last week, although his history here and ebay record should speak for itself.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a 1877 trade dollar that was in the stash. I wanted to share because it's a pretty unique one!

image-1692480931.jpg

image-2088253406.jpg

image-3492960736.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope I am wrong, but I am 99.99% sure that Trade Dollar is fake. Sorry to be a downer. T.

I think it's real, but cut.. At least what the coin dealer thought. Either way it's still silver and a couple yrs ago on eBay one sold for $175. I believe. Even if it is fake, that's ok. It fits in the coin book!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread