Need help deciding new CRH source

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all,

So about 2 months ago I got cut off from my original boxes source. Today I contacted a bunch of banks locally and discovered about four would be willing or do order boxes for customers. I plan on ordering a box of halves and nickels a week and a box of pennies for my little brother. I am not sure about increasing my box count but may become a possibility in the future. I will have to set up an account with whatever bank I choose.

FCW orders boxes but the teller was not sure about halves. I have to call back tomorrow to inquire if they can order halves for me. They order without a fee.

Citizens has on hand nickels and pennies all the time but again not sure about halves. The teller is to call me back about halves. I am not hopeful because this branch is within a supermarket. Also, no fee.

S&T has nickels and pennies on hand. They will not order halves though.

1st summit can order boxes. I do not know about halves though so I will have to call back tomorrow too. Again no fee that I know of.

IFB orders boxes for customers but they do charge $.05 a roll. So I would have to pay $2.50 a box.

I plan on setting up an account at whatever bank. Also, just got a call from S&T that they already ordered a box of nickels and halves for me. Though I will have to check next week if I can have this as a standing order.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which bank would be the safest bet? I dont want to get cut off again. IFB seems like a safe best only because I will be paying the shipping and ordering fee. Has anyone been to one of the banks and been cut off because I want to avoid that.

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Go for the ones without a fee. If you get cut off from them, you get cut off. That's that. Close the account and move on. Why voluntarily pay the fee if there are other options on the table? It's not like if you get cut off they'll keep all of your deposit money or something.

Also, you said S&T won't order halves, but also that they ordered you nickels and halves (?)

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also difficult to answer which bank with missing variables. You still don't know for sure who will order halves. Then you have to take in account the supplier. Only one I can answer is no to fees. Now another question. Where you gonna dump? You don't want it to be the same branch for sure.

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which bank would be the safest bet? I dont want to get cut off again. IFB seems like a safe best only because I will be paying the shipping and ordering fee. Has anyone been to one of the banks and been cut off because I want to avoid that.
There is no "Safe" bet in this hobby. Any bank can (and if you order boxes to CRH long enough, may very well) cut you off. Every situation is different, every area, bank, how much competition, etc... Hard for anyone to tell you how it is going to work in your area. Just set it up the best you can, treat the bank employees very nice and with respect and hope for the best.

GL

OP
OP
S

silvercounselor

Oct 2, 2014
Pittsburgh
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for everyone's input. Sorry the s & t thing is confusing. As I was typing the teller called me back because he was unsure about getting halves and told me he just placed an order for them so I have at least a weeks worth from that place.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go to any bank and ask nicely if you can have 1 box each of nics, dimes, and/ or pennies. qtrs are rarely winners so ask for what they can spare in CWR's. when you get a good bank always be polite and flexible--- always say "whatever you can spare". they have coin for their business accounts and you are a fly to them. never hit them hard, maybe once a week. I have 3 banks, with accounts with 2. bank 3 has a great teller and I always show her my good finds, plus she got a cake from me for Christmas. one bank orders halfs for me with no fee, but only about 1 box a month since I never want to attract attention from the managers. gave her 2 of my 4 two headed nickels for her son. she also always has Q, D, N, and P in the vault with no fees. I dump at bank 4, my CU with a no fee coin machine. $110,000 searched in 103 weeks. Q 36 BOXES, 6 silver, D 155 BOXES, 107 silver, N 306 BOXES, 542 winners of all types, P 97 BOXES, 1440 wheats and about 8 Indians and about 20 pounds of pre 97 canadians, HALFS $9.7K, 16 40% and 0 90's, plus 3 proofs. HAPPY HUNTING and don't forget to wash your hands.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread