Need help finding a jet sprayer that will cut through harder clay underwater

vadiver

Jul 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, this is my first post. I am a diver for all different sorts of treasures. I have come to a site that is hardened clay and it takes a long time to hand dig through it. I am looking for some kind of pump and jet nozzle system that I can spray it with. Depth is around 40' Thanks so much. I've really enjoyed reading all of your posts on here.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, this is my first post. I am a diver for all different sorts of treasures. I have come to a site that is hardened clay and it takes a long time to hand dig through it. I am looking for some kind of pump and jet nozzle system that I can spray it with. Depth is around 40' Thanks so much. I've really enjoyed reading all of your posts on here.

you need one of these:

gold pump.png

with one of these on the end:

gold nozzle.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet and good luck on finding the item for your task.

I saw where the news is now "alerting" ppl, to the "hidden dangers" of pressure washers.....
like it would take a brain surgeon, to figure that out, :icon_scratch: but, anywhoooooo....
Seems that would be a (cheap)viable alternative, if you can get a long enough hose and sustain pressure. not sure of the item Jason posted, but these guys are great and can sure steer you in the right direction.
And, good luck and welcome.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best; would be a blaster nozzle like Jason illustrates but also have suction to a basket.
I see city workers now days removing several feet of dirt around water pipes and meters with a jet of water and a vacuum

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FIRST and foremost you need a dive table as the bends will flat out kill ya at 40' if you don't decompress in accordance to tables. Ez to get a keene,dahlke,proline pump with above blaster nozzle to run at that depth as not dredging, unless that's your unstated intent? John

OP
OP
V

vadiver

Jul 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the ideas. I like both ideas. I am going to do both.

OP
OP
V

vadiver

Jul 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pressure washer

Does anyone know of a pressure washer that you can use saltwater ?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anyone know of a pressure washer that you can use saltwater ?

ANY pressure washer will work. ...But you'll have to finish each day by running through some fresh water to flush out the salt. This may sound difficult but it's not. Just take a small 12V water pump and (2) 5-gallon buckets of water, each with 2.5-3 gallons, and a lid for one of the buckets with a hole in it. Pour all of the water in one bucket and place the lid on the empty bucket. Drop pump into full bucket. Now pump water into pressure washer hose. Then when the bucket is empty, shut down. Repeat this 2-3 times and your pressure washer will be good enough for storage. Then use the water one last time to spray down the exterior of everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread