need help finding info about some trade coins I found.

jlarsen540

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some insurance system credit trade coins. Need help finding out about them I have 4 coins. Plz help me I would like to know what I have. 1447027323824.jpg1447027502275.jpg

The only letters I can read are(in order)HARLA,it's not readable for a couple letters then it reads,LLIERIES CO.

Here are six words that end in LLIERIES:
Coilliers, Dalliers, Milliers, Ralliers, Salliers and Talliers.
Then again, that word may be part of a person's name--or a name made up by the owner.
If no responses to your initial question, you may wish to do a little more cleaning to bring out other letters.
Don......

OK I will try that thank you so much. One more question tho what is the value of them today if you know?

I just looked and it's the HARLAN COLLIERS CO.

The token is listed in the newest Edkin's Coal Catalog book. yours is the nickel plated example KY385A100a, with an R-2 rarity rating, from 1 to 10. 10 being the rarest. it is from Brookside, KY., Harlan County.

that is a crossed pick & shovel on the obverse. other denominations known, from the same mine, with same wording, go from 5¢, 10, 25, 50 & $100. no penny has been located...may never had been one made, each company had custom orders from various die makers.

there is another full set with a different die maker's reverse from Orco.

I remember seeing a few stacks of this companies tokens, with the crossed pick & shovel, on the TV show Pawn Stars, in the last year or two.

mike

Thank you very much Mike for the info. I was given these as a tip when I was working at a gas station in Vegas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back