Metal Detecting

Palmetto Pony

Aug 21, 2016
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus /Teknetics T2 Classic/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a small digital that is pretty darn accurate. Some run on A, AA, or AAA and even watch batteries. Mine runs on one of the larger watch batteries and it lasts longer than what you'd expect. They are readily available with many of them specifically labeled as jewelry scales. They are also pretty inexpensive, averaging about $15. If you google "pocket digital scale" and/or "handheld digital scale" you have a ton of sources to purchase them from (Amazon, Ebay, Sears, etc..). Most descriptions include the measurement range as well as the dimensions (overall and measuring surface area). Hope that helps some.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankfort arsenal sells a good one , i use for reloading think i paid 25 bucks for it

OP
OP
Hockey_Detectorist

Hockey_Detectorist

Aug 15, 2016
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 200 & 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a small digital that is pretty darn accurate. Some run on A, AA, or AAA and even watch batteries. Mine runs on one of the larger watch batteries and it lasts longer than what you'd expect. They are readily available with many of them specifically labeled as jewelry scales. They are also pretty inexpensive, averaging about $15. If you google "pocket digital scale" and/or "handheld digital scale" you have a ton of sources to purchase them from (Amazon, Ebay, Sears, etc..). Most descriptions include the measurement range as well as the dimensions (overall and measuring surface area). Hope that helps some.

That helped out tremendously. Thank you.

Yeah I had found a mens wedding band a few weeks back and was just wondering what its gold weight was so i didn't get ripped off when I eventually melt it.

HH

Hockey_Detectorist

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd suggest picking one up that includes a calibration weight or purchasing weights separately. Got mine on Amazon for around $20 or so.

OP
OP
Hockey_Detectorist

Hockey_Detectorist

Aug 15, 2016
North Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 200 & 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd suggest picking one up that includes a calibration weight or purchasing weights separately. Got mine on Amazon for around $20 or so.

I was just looking at a combo online for around the same price. Thank you for the help.

HH

Hockey_Detectorist

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread