need help! found coin that is not in the books

poptopking

Feb 6, 2005
southern middle Tennessee
What I have is a Prague Coronation medal of Ferdinandi I and Maria Anna Agusta.I have found the reproductions of this medal, but I think I have the real thing. The reproductions have the date MCCCXXXVI that was a misprint for the year 1836, measure 3" in diameter and have the word Germany on the back. The one I have is 1 3/4" in diameter, with the date MDCCCXXXVI, and does not say Germany on the back. The reproductions are selling for about $125, so I'm excited over the prospects of this being a valuable coin. I need help with finding out if this is rare and the value of it. The only thing I know about coins is how to put them in a drink machine, and I usually get that wrong.

OP
OP
poptopking

poptopking

Feb 6, 2005
Thanks Buckram. I sent him an e-mail and hope to get a reply. I also went to the coin forum on ebay and no one there seems to have any information on this item. Just thought I'd mention that this forum seems to have the ebay forum beat hands down. Guess the MD folks are just a little smarter than the average ebayer. Thanks.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
If you will send me a private message with your mailing address I will rip out and send you the world coin page of classifieds from the next issue of Numismatic News. You can then contact those dealers for offers on your medal. One of the better dealers is Szago but i haven't actively collected world coins for many years. I usually get a copy about every ten days so you should have the information within two weeks of when you send me your address. Please say something about what I promised so you get the right thing. exanimo, ss

OP
OP
poptopking

poptopking

Feb 6, 2005
Thanks Siegfried for your kind offer. I have decided to list it on e-bay for$ 9.99 saying I'm not sure what this is, or if it is even real. Thanks evreyone for your help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread