Need HELP from a Prospector living near BARSTOW, CA.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is a 10yo. young man whose father is overseas serving his country, and
he is asking for some help in finding gold near his home. He is at Fort Irwin, and
could really use some help from one of you old-timers out there that can show
him the ropes of finding gold in the areas near to his home.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/348723-need-gold-prospecting-areas.html

Got to be one of you folks down in that area who is willing to help this young man out!
I'll be in the Barstow area visiting friends (and dry washing) the first week of May,
but it's been so long since I've been down in that area (20 years+) that a local person
could be a much greater help to him.

Hoping one of you good folks down in the Barstow, CA. area will "answer the call",
and take the young fellow out for a few hours and show him the ropes.

What say you?

Upvote 0

Lucky Gator

May 10, 2013
Montana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope the young man finds a mentor down there. I was in the Marines for 6 years and 3 of those were at 29 Palms. That is a beautiful area. I spent some time in Barstow and at Yermo down there back in the mid 80's. I will do some checking and see if anyone I know still lives in the area. I had a buddy out in Landers, and another in Yucca Valley, not sure if they are still there or not. If they are I will let you know.

Lucky Gator

May 10, 2013
Montana
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So I just got the latest issue of pick and shovel gazette, and lo and behold, there was a photo on the fornt of a man and his 9 year old son on the front prospecting the GPAA Barstow claim. It made me think, have you considered contacting the local GPAA group to see if he can hang with someone from there? Obviously there is a claim in the area, and I am sure somewhere in the High Desert area there must be a local GPAA chapter. Just a thought...good luck. ;)
There is a 10yo. young man whose father is overseas serving his country, and
he is asking for some help in finding gold near his home. He is at Fort Irwin, and
could really use some help from one of you old-timers out there that can show
him the ropes of finding gold in the areas near to his home.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/348723-need-gold-prospecting-areas.html

Got to be one of you folks down in that area who is willing to help this young man out!
I'll be in the Barstow area visiting friends (and dry washing) the first week of May,
but it's been so long since I've been down in that area (20 years+) that a local person
could be a much greater help to him.

Hoping one of you good folks down in the Barstow, CA. area will "answer the call",
and take the young fellow out for a few hours and show him the ropes.

What say you?

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I really think Alex should check out the SFV prospectors (gpaa.net) outings. Looks like the spot is about 1 hour north of Barstow. The June outing has not been listed yet but I'm sure they will soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread