NEED HELP Garrett Freedom ace plus works at first then stops"where to look"

aftonarrow

Nov 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,im new to the group.I bought a Garrett Freedom ace plus for 5.00.I put batteries in it and it worked for about a day.It started messing up with random signals and then nothing.I thought it was the batteries so i bought another set of batteries and still nothing.When the detector starts up,it will have the 3 tones showing hte batteries are fine.It will pickup my keys 3 times when i first turn it on,then nothing.I literally have to touch the coil to the keys to pick it up.This thing worked perfectly for a day.I found some old wrenches about 6 inches down.I dont know where to look?Ive adjusting some of hte pots and still nothing.Its getting power becuase i can adjust the volume.Something come loose in the coil?and it needs to be opened?Any help would gladly be appreciated.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet. You adjusted the pots? :icon_scratch: I was going to just suggest to clean out the coil cover first if it has one. Now you have to send it in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions