Havilah_Springs

Oct 23, 2011
VENTURA COUNTY, CA
Detector(s) used
WHITES EAGLE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to All, :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

I found these a few years back and I am not sure if they are Folsom, Clovis, or what? Any input would be greatly appreciated. The middle one is approximately 6" in length. Thanks for looking. :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

H_S

artifs[1]A.jpg

Upvote 0

stagger

Sep 29, 2010
Carrizozo, NM
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado Umax * Bounty Hunter Tracker 1-D/505
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They all look real to me. I think some people have a hard time accepting someone else's good fortune. Congrats on some great finds.

Hippy

Dec 15, 2008
stagger said:
They all look real to me. I think some people have a hard time accepting someone else's good fortune. Congrats on some great finds.

I have no problem accepting someone's good fortune. In fact, I love seeing great personal finds on here. However, it's something all together when someone posts obvious fakes saying they found them. These aren't even good reproductions.

Hippy

OP
OP
Havilah_Springs

Havilah_Springs

Oct 23, 2011
VENTURA COUNTY, CA
Detector(s) used
WHITES EAGLE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, to start out with, let me apologize for the delay in replying to all of your post. With the numerous comments, questions and accusations presented, I felt that if these items were not authentic that the only alternative to the dilemma was that my best friend of 40 years had played an elaborate hoax on me. So after finally making contact with him and possibly destroying a brother like friendship just to prove a point, I have come to the conclusion that everybody is entitled to their own opinions, and as everyone knows opinions are like anal orifices, everybody has one.

It was not my intent to start a thread full of mudslinging as this does not follow the spirit of the T-Net website. I appreciate all of your suggestions, thoughts and ideas and as soon as I recover my collection (all 3,200 pounds of it) back from Arkansas in March, I will have these looked at and certified one way or the other.

For all of those who have nothing better to do, or just find pure enjoyment from name calling, or just talking out your other end, get it all out now as I will be pulling this thread at 8:00 PM Pacific standard time.
H_S

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
Don't run off just yet, I'd really love to see what you guys come up with in the dry cave. :icon_thumleft: It's understandable if you don't post here again though, there's certainly some tough love now and then.

My grandfather was an avid digger/collector back in the 30's-60's and he had stiff competition. He told me stories of planting points to throw his competitors off his trail. When he was finished digging a rock shelter, he would actually put all of the sand back in it and cover the floor with fallen leaves. Of course, all of his back fill was loaded with flint and after tossing in a couple of mediocre points, he created the appearance of an undug shelter. That's a lot of work to slow someone down by a day or two. I'm not suggesting at all that's what happened to you, your thread and some of the replies just brought back those memories.

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
I sure hate to hear that. would love to be abel to come back to this page when i get better ID-ing sourices and see if i was right with my ID form what i have. HOPE to see you back on AIA forum. do not know where the Mod's were. it is there loss as well as mine if you do go. sorry Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread