Need help identifying a odd coin

May 2, 2012
Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter TK4 Tracker IV Metal Detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone!
Recently I started going through my collection and labeling everything I have on the outside of the cases. Anywhoo -- I ended up finding a coin (token?) in my collection I didn't recognize. I've tried looking online and can't find anything. Was hoping you would be able to take a look. I can tell by the coin it must be a old workers coin - used for buying products at the company owned store. Question is - where was it used? How old is it? Whats it worth? Thanks in advance!

I've tried my hardest to get a picture of the dang thing but I can't! Cameras won't focus. I'll describe it as much as I can here:

It appears be a dark color. I'm guessing its made of copper.

On the front it reads:
Champion
Fibre
Company
Commissary
(This part is a little hard to make out) Wright & Son

On the back it reads:
Good for
in
Merchandise Only

Thanks everyone! I know it isn't much to work on. I have faith!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
As one of the base camps for the Champion Fibre Company, Smokemont was once a thriving lumber town with homes, businesses and a school. It housed a logging mill, COMMISSARY (emphasis added), a club house, and even a hotel. In the early 1920s the sawmill at Smokemont produced 45,000 feet of lumber and pulp wood per day. (Source: Smokemont Loop - Hike the Smokemont Loop Trail in Smoky Mountains)

Scroll down a little here and you'll see a pic of that commissary: Patchwork Reflections: hiking through history
Don........

Last edited:

Byron

Jan 18, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi, Thanks to share a coin and I also wanna know about this coins that how can i find those coins. I also have some coins and its a great hobby i guess. Anyway i am very about share coin. I would find more coins with your suggestion. Thanks again for share this awesome talk.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread