Need help identifying sterling silver thing found today!

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
I went out for about an hour today and detected around a house next door to my parents. I quickly got a good quarter signal about 3 1/2" down. When I dug down I noticed a chain, at first I thought it was a necklace, but when I pulled the chain I saw something else below it. I pulled it out, the bottom of it has sterling on one corner and 30 on the other. I have no clue what it is but I know it is silver. Anybody know what this thing was used for, or what it is?

Picture1161.jpg

Picture1159.jpg

Upvote 0

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
TejasDigger said:
People who deal with antiques have certain things they specialize in. You know like lanterns or furniture. It's hard to know what the price value is for every antique in the history of antiques, but apparently you specialize in silver tea balls. This one just sold for $47.78 plus $7 for shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190363208507&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
no I don't specialize in tea balls, but I do know a lil an anything sterling is goingto sell higher then what it probly is worth just for the fact it's sterling an some people are hoping to scrap the sterling for more then they paid... Also the maker , age of the item an rarity contributes to the price NOT ALL tea balls are going to sell for 45.00 + ..I don't even know why you got such an attitude when I said the one on ebay was way to high..I said nothing about your find.. your the one I guess assumed I was talkin about yours....

OP
OP
TejasDigger

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
creeper71 said:
TejasDigger said:
People who deal with antiques have certain things they specialize in. You know like lanterns or furniture. It's hard to know what the price value is for every antique in the history of antiques, but apparently you specialize in silver tea balls. This one just sold for $47.78 plus $7 for shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190363208507&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
no I don't specialize in tea balls, but I do know a lil an anything sterling is goingto sell higher then what it probly is worth just for the fact it's sterling an some people are hoping to scrap the sterling for more then they paid... Also the maker , age of the item an rarity contributes to the price NOT ALL tea balls are going to sell for 45.00 + ..I don't even know why you got such an attitude when I said the one on ebay was way to high..I said nothing about your find.. your the one I guess assumed I was talkin about yours....

Your wording was so short that I assumed you were saying mine was in the same category. I don't have a clue what mine is worth. Tell me a little about mine though if you don't mind. You know like the maker, year it was made, and where? As far as the attitude I don't know what you are talking about. You seem to be the one with the attitude.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tejas,

That's a Great find that anyone should be proud to have in their collection. It's really a cool piece.

By the way, your avatar photo is Top Notch. :icon_thumleft:

-Buckles

OP
OP
TejasDigger

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
BuckleBoy said:
Tejas,

That's a Great find that anyone should be proud to have in their collection. It's really a cool piece.

By the way, your avatar photo is Top Notch. :icon_thumleft:

-Buckles

Thanks Buckles!

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
TejasDigger said:
creeper71 said:
TejasDigger said:

Your wording was so short that I assumed you were saying mine was in the same category. I don't have a clue what mine is worth. Tell me a little about mine though if you don't mind. You know like the maker, year it was made, and where? As far as the attitude I don't know what you are talking about. You seem to be the one with the attitude.
Quote from your post "Please don't try and downgrade my find because you wouldn't buy it" that to me sounded like you was belittling me for sayin the ebay one was to high.. Sorry if I took it the wrong way.. as for yours I can't really make out the symbols to try an find the maker an year...

OP
OP
TejasDigger

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
creeper71 said:
TejasDigger said:
creeper71 said:
TejasDigger said:

Quote from your post "Please don't try and downgrade my find because you wouldn't buy it" that to me sounded like you was belittling me for sayin the ebay one was to high.. Sorry if I took it the wrong way.. as for yours I can't really make out the symbols to try an find the maker an year...

Sorry, I thought you were saying my find was a piece of junk.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
TejasDigger said:
creeper71 said:
TejasDigger said:
creeper71 said:
TejasDigger said:

Sorry, I thought you were saying my find was a piece of junk.
no I was just simply stating that particular one on ebay was way to high... any time you find sterling hunting it is never junk...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions