Need help identifying

Lehuna

Feb 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg image.jpg

Red color, whittled, stands 10 inches,do know it is old, to bad chip on base , any help thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one is known as a lady's leg. It was blown in a three-part mold, dates to around the 1870s and more than likely held bitters. Not sure about the base marking. If it's red colored as in puce, it's a good one. As you said though, it's a shame about that base chip. It would still be going in the window if I found it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lehuna

Feb 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That one is known as a lady's leg. It was blown in a three-part mold, dates to around the 1870s and more than likely held bitters. Not sure about the base marking. If it's red colored as in puce, it's a good one. As you said though, it's a shame about that base chip. It would still be going in the window if I found it.
Cool I have some more red ones I may need help on and will post here, again thanks so much!

OP
OP
L

Lehuna

Feb 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg
Blue and red amber anchor hockings, blue is a little swirly.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to clarify: Anchor Hocking is a glass company. Those bottles are known as hock wines, not related to and predating the company. Looks like you have some nice bottles and we look forward to seeing more. Did you find the lady's leg?

OP
OP
L

Lehuna

Feb 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to clarify: Anchor Hocking is a glass company. Those bottles are known as hock wines, not related to and predating the company. Looks like you have some nice bottles and we look forward to seeing more. Did you find the lady's leg?
Thank you so much for your expertise and I was wrong on one of the hocking wine it is red no amber in it, these bottles are part of a collection we have recently acquired, wondering on these two and would you know what the other three may be worth as well as these all are in pretty excellent condition except the chipped one. The one on left is amethyst and other is red amber, Thanks
BFF1B2D7-4D2D-4AF2-9EDB-51A74479B460.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

Lehuna

Feb 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
614BD717-182A-4131-BB74-6068481DA122.jpeg
These are colored early Hawaii beer bottles that I believe are like the ones pictured in the book Hawaiian Bottles of Long ago, notice the blue green quart, citron, lime green ,dark red amber,etc., the only one we don’t have is the pure blue one, they are crude and not one is the same color.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread