Fisher Gold Bug II
Technetics G2+
5" keene dredge
2 1/2" keene highbanker/dredge combo
Keene A-52 sluice
4 Stack Deluxe Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Do any of you know of any active metal detecting clubs or forum members around Baton Rouge, La.?

My X lost her wedding ring today in Baton Rough and needs help finding it.

She jumped the gun and bought a cheapo metal detector (ace 250), thinking she would find it right off.

No such luck. She and her daughter were building sand castles and that’s the last time she remembers seeing it. I’m thinking it might require a good minelab gp or other deep seeking machine.

Thank you,

Trevor
[email protected]

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace 250 is capable no question about it. :thumbsup:
My advice is to put it on all metal (that will nullify the mineralization) and search the area expanding out wards to at least a 30 ft. radius.

Added* Turn off the discrimination as well as having it on all metal. You should then be able to find a ring in sand down to about 10" just dig everything that beeps.

Any Ace 250 owners have suggestions?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
An ace-250 might be capable of it, if it weren't too deep now, etc... That's not the issue. The issue is the person swinging a particular machine. I've hunted for a lot of items before, where the person initially searched for it with a detector they borrowed, rented, bought, etc... But they eventually gave up, and enlisted help. Invariably, they just didn't know what they were listening for, how to set it, etc... Printed instructions can only go so far, since detectors are 99% sound interpretation. Those are things which can't be described in print. It has to be shown/heard/experienced over time & targets, etc....

If there are locals there who are good (not just clad sand box hunter types, but persons who really know their machines and targets) find them and enlist their help.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 250 will find it, but it's not a 1st time out detecting thing...you have to learn the machine too. I'm gonna copy and paste this post to the Louisiana thread...there's several members in the Baton Rouge area...I'm not far away either, in fact just came from BR. Hopefully someone will answer your post quickly.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
P

polekaat

Jan 5, 2006
Ramah, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II
Technetics G2+
5" keene dredge
Keene A-52 sluice
4 Stack Deluxe Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Help is exactly why I posted here. I have a Fisher Gold bug 2 that would do the job, but, I'm over 4 hours away. I'm trying to find an individual or club who could help her out.

Thanks,
Trevor

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's several members in the Baton Rouge area...I posted on the Louisiana thread. Hopefully someone will PM you shortly. I'm trying to figure out where building sandcastles would be in that area, I can't even think of a beach area there...unless in a sandbox.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
P

polekaat

Jan 5, 2006
Ramah, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II
Technetics G2+
5" keene dredge
Keene A-52 sluice
4 Stack Deluxe Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Bump

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Keep us updated on your recovery effort. I do work in the Baton Rouge area from time to time and will assist if needed. NO, There will be no charge for my help, found or not found. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

polekaat

Jan 5, 2006
Ramah, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II
Technetics G2+
5" keene dredge
Keene A-52 sluice
4 Stack Deluxe Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you. I have received 2 PM's regarding the ring so far. I've passed on what information that I have and gotten those people in touch with my X to get all of the specifics.

It's great to have such a great hobby, that you can get some help almost anywhere in the country.

:thumbsup:
Trevor

OP
OP
P

polekaat

Jan 5, 2006
Ramah, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug II
Technetics G2+
5" keene dredge
Keene A-52 sluice
4 Stack Deluxe Gold Cube
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for coming out and helping on the effort to find the missing ring. There were metal detectors, digging and sifting going on. The ring was never recovered, it's either to deep or someone had already picked it up.

Thank you,
Trevor

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread