Need help in Va

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
personally i would look over several of the readily available maps of the civil war entrenchments all around richmond, and then plot them on up to date city/county maps, and start knocking on doors of private properties that co-incide with much used spots on the old maps...i have found that most large businesses are as easy or easier to get permission from than private homeowners, and usually own alot more land....if you make any large recovery in virginia i would advise you to keep quiet about where you found it for there is a good posibility the nice government fellows will come and relieve you of it........................gldhntr

OP
OP
J

Jennifer

Jan 17, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Really? I know of a few places that I am going to go and check in to but I was just a little curious about the way to go about it. Is that something that happens often? They come and take what you find? ???

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
new laws enacted recently in virginia give the officials there superpower when it comes to buried treasures. they most likely would not bother to take someones recovery unless it was large enough to line several of their greedy little pockets, {like boss hogg on dukes of hazzard}.....the new laws are posted on here somewhere under a thread titled ''new virginia legislation'' or something like that...............gldhntr

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
i was told they had passed but don't know for sure, not that it would make any difference........gldhntr

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I would start with who you know. Your friend's and neighbors and relatives, ask to detect their homes and such. One never know's what you could dig up and it's private property so your finds are "private" too! ;)

Good luck!

Chris

T

trouble1332

i'd have to agree with chris on this. your friends and neighbors would be a good place to start then ask about the restrictions and zoning laws in your area. ya never know, you might be able to hunt somewhere you never knew you could. but go with friends and neighbors first, just to make sure.

pepperpump

Feb 27, 2005
Manassas Park, VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
The law never passed and hasnt yet but they say the gov't is going to try again this year...do it now before it is too late.
Pepperpump

T

trouble1332

if the law hasn't passed yet, then go for it. if there's no law against it, you can't get in trouble, right?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trouble1332 said:
if the law hasn't passed yet, then go for it. if there's no law against it, you can't get in trouble, right?
its only a crime if you get caught...... ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions