mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend a whole $1.25 on these two.

They were cheap and they made me scratch my head so I bought them

First is a vase. I guessing Japanese
100_0870 (Medium).JPG 100_0868 (Medium).JPG 100_0867 (Medium) (2).JPG 100_0866 (Medium) (2).JPG

I think this is acrylic but I'm not sure what is symbolizes
100_0865.JPG

Any thought or ideas greatly appreciated

Lost&Found

Jul 27, 2013
NYC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Satsuma vase is damaged and really have minimal value except decorative. You could put in artificial mums or other Japanese flowers to hide the damage if you display it.

The second item because it looked like a religious item
http://revelationofjesuschrist.wordpress.com/2008/06/07/the-seven-stars-in-the-right-hand-of-jesus/
did a search "Dove Seven Stars" and found that the symbol is used on items for IOOF (International Order of Odd Fellows). You might want to do a more thorough search than I did.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mjlalt

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Satsuma vase is damaged and really have minimal value except decorative. You could put in artificial mums or other Japanese flowers to hide the damage if you display it.

The second item because it looked like a religious item
The Seven Stars in the Right Hand of Jesus | The Revelation of Jesus Christ
did a search "Dove Seven Stars" and found that the symbol is used on items for IOOF (International Order of Odd Fellows). You might want to do a more thorough search than I did.

The pictures makes it look damaged , but the top is crimped and a pattern is cut out of the top.
Thanks for the info !

Last edited:

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife has bought a couple of Satsuma vases. One was quite large (about 18 inches tall). It is very attractive. We listed it for $40 but could never get any bids on it so it now sits in a corner of our house with some artificial flowers in it. The other was much smaller but she was able to sell it for, I think, $10.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread