need help on button....

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally got to go hunting for a while at an abandoned house across the street(I have permission)....I found 4 wheaties, 4 old glass marbles, a nickel, an old Tootsietoy hot rod car, and a button....It is about the size of a nickel...has an eagle with shield and stars around it and the word excelsior at the bottom....Is it old or valuable...or is it a newer button...any info is appreciated ...thanks

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pudsbrat said:
Finally got to go hunting for a while at an abandoned house across the street(I have permission)....I found 4 wheaties, 4 old glass marbles, a nickel, an old Tootsietoy hot rod car, and a button....It is about the size of a nickel...has an eagle with shield and stars around it and the word excelsior at the bottom....Is it old or valuable...or is it a newer button...any info is appreciated ...thanks

Like this? Same backmark?

http://www.relicman.com/buttons/B5442sell.htm

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
It's a New York staff button and could date from the 1850's to 1900's depending on the back. It would help if you could post pics If it has a shank and is backmarked it could be a better button depending on the backmark. It it has a hump in the center of the back with holes for the thread it is an self shank button and dates early 1900's and is not worth much.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread