Need help on Relic Id. Pics of Todays Relic finds.

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well started today on a new spot near an early 1800's home site. Found a couple of real nice buckles and an old pocket knife with a shield on it. Then i dug this Shield shaped object that has what appears to me to be a chess piece or something on it. I haven't seen one of these before. If you guys could help me Id it I would appreciate it. I have included a back and front shot of the shield. If you guys have a guess let me know. I thought it might have been a Saddle shield or something, but I am not sure. Haven't found a picture of it on the internet. Thanks and enjoy zaxfire69
IMG_1192.jpg

IMG_1193.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

Upvote 0

stillgottawork

Jun 6, 2008
New York
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT , Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.......My guess would be the cover of a lock...maybe a chest of door......on the back photo it seems the front plate slides to the side so a key can fit....... :dontknow: Hope you can get an answer..... :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My vote is "keyhole cover" as well.

Cool finds! I like the small heel plate. 8)

OP
OP
zaxfire69

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Need help on Relic Id. NEW PIC OF RELIC ID..

Ha Ha...Awesome on my part. I researched and found this picture boyz. Anyone out there need an Experienced Researcher? I need a job bad. The relic is off of an antique trunk that I found. Now to find out what time period it was from. :headbang: :hello2: :headbang:

Liberty_JL1.jpg

1860's Era Jenny Lind 5 Band trunk

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Need help on Relic Id. NEW PIC OF RELIC ID..

zaxfire69 said:
Ha Ha...Awesome on my part. I researched and found this picture boyz. Anyone out there need an Experienced Researcher? I need a job bad. The relic is off of an antique trunk that I found. Now to find out what time period it was from. :headbang: :hello2: :headbang:

Liberty_JL1.jpg

1860's Era Jenny Lind 5 Band trunk
Great job, zaxfire69. Love this site JUST FOR THESE KINDS OF THINGS. :hello2: :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread