need help picking my first metal detector(ordering tonight!)

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First,

Your budget

Type of treasure wished to locate

If I were you, Check out a Tesoro Cibola or Silver Umax. Easy to use, Lifetime warranty and pretty darn powerful.

These guys will tell you :)

OP
OP
R

rob87

Tenderfoot
Sep 14, 2010
Wareham ma
Detector(s) used
soon to be a ACE 250
I picked the. F2 cause of all the videos and of what I've heard from people as a added bonus fisher has a 5 yr warrenty (garrett only has 2) came with a extra coail and a free pine pointer. Prdered it lastnight from metaldetector.cc. they are located about a hr and half away from me. Moe helped me out towhen I called. Soo well see on Monday... means ill be yardsale garfage hoppin this weekend

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are better off with a Tesoro like 4-H says. The Tesoro's have a lifetime warranty, not only 2 years or 3, but life time. :thumbsup: Besides it has a better resale value if you decide to sell it, you won't.............

Sep 8, 2010
Blount County, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705 & Garrett Pin Pointer
I have the Tesoro Cibola and Silver U max, they are great for beginners... There is no manual ground balancing on these two and that is usually what can screw things up for a beginner.... Be prepared to dig deep!!!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fisher, Garrett, Tesoro, no matter. Learn the machine like you were BORN to it. A $100 machine in the field finds more than a $1000 machine in the closet. Good luck! TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread