Jan 8, 2015
Kirkcaldy
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Need help please can't decide what machine to get

Hi guys

I'm new to all this I have been out with my friends garrett ace 250 and I want a detector of my own moneys tight at the moment so I was thinking about getting the whites coinmaster or garrett ace 150 but I'm not sure which one can someone advise me on which one I should get?

thanks
Shaun

Upvote 0

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All depends on where your hunting and what your hunting for. I love my Garrett AT pro. But like I said it all depends on you hunting situation.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What do you want to find? - coins, relics, caches, etc.

Where are you hunting? - seashore, freshwater beaches, parks, fields, old foundations, etc.

OP
OP
BigH112

BigH112

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2015
Kirkcaldy
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coins and relics mostly I'd be detecting mostly on farmland fields and woodland

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Compadre - 8" coil US$160.00

OP
OP
BigH112

BigH112

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2015
Kirkcaldy
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at those and the cheapest one I can find in the UK is $300

jarrow

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2011
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,AT Pro, Groundhog
Compass Judge2 Auto.
White's Prizm IV
Whites coinmaster

roobinjake

Oct 17, 2014
south east kent uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro gold sabre ,toltec100 ,cutlass umax,vintage cscope3300,,fieldmaster55, fieldmaste44,fisher mscope1210x, cscopecs990xd, toltec 80 ,fieldmaster fm250, lobo supertrq , bandido ,vintage bounty hunt
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
try a used silver sabre not bad price s/h great for all round use,easy set up,

Sluice Box

Jan 1, 2012
The cold north
Detector(s) used
ACE 150, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ACE 150 sounds good to me with what, and where you plan on digging.

I myself the first day I broke out an ACE 150 managed to scoop up a 1887 Indian Head. You can call it luck, or just a good location, but that was more then enough to impress me with it's capabilities! Good Luck!

Sluice Box

OP
OP
BigH112

BigH112

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2015
Kirkcaldy
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the advice guys

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the Eurotek Pro before you buy. At $219 it's hard to beat!!!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The F2 is a great detector that will keep you from having to upgrade right away. The 2 coil package for $215 cant be beat! I love the small 4" coil, amazingly deep for it's size & great separation in trashy sites. EuroTek Pro is also sweet, I haven't used one, but I really like what I've seen/read about it. I also like that it only uses one 9 volt battery as opposed to two 9 volts in the F2. Either one will be better than the Garrett bell-doingers, unless you prefer the bell sounds instead of beeps (like 95% of detectors use today).

wvmountaindigger

Oct 19, 2014
Mountains of West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Sun-Ray DX1 Probe, White's XLT, Sun-Ray XL1 Probe, White's Coin Master Pro, White's Coin Master 2900 Trooper, White's Coin Master 2DB Series 2, White's 120mm Bullseye Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a White's CoinMaster Pro and it is a very good detector. I believe the CoinMaster would be a good choice. It is American made and White's customer service is excellent. They also have a forum that is very educational.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree that the F2 and Eurotech pro are good starter machines. I would recommend you buy one with the double d coil for better depth and the double D will allow you to swing with less overlapping.

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just my opinion... Buy what you can afford, dig, learn, and enjoy yourself.
No matter what you start with, there is always going to be another machine with higher specs and claims.

Massieville Mike

Mar 7, 2014
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000,
Garrett AT Gold, Teknetics ETP, Fisher CZ6a, Teknetics T2se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Teknetics Eurotec pro! Just got one myself recently, and due to the weather here I haven't had an opportunity to use it much out in the field yet, but it sure seems like a really sweet machine! Great features, like the unique iron volume control it gives you (adjustable independently of non ferrous target volume), currently unavailable on any other machine regardless of brand or cost! A very good selection of accessory coils as well! Worth checking out for sure! Good luck with whatever you decide on!

Ken/CO

Sep 27, 2003
Colorado
Hi guysI'm new to all this I have been out with my friends garrett ace 250 and I want a detector of my own moneys tight at the moment so I was thinking about getting the whites coinmaster or garrett ace 150 but I'm not sure which one can someone advise me on which one I should get?thanksShaun
Shaun,Having owned or operated most detectors, I would go with any NEW Tesoro that you can afford. (a used one doesn't have the warranty)Not only do they make good detectors, but they are simple to operate, plus the lifetime warranty.Whatever Tesoro you may buy, you'll always want to keep it if and when you upgrade.I still presently own a Silver Umax and a Vaquero, and I have found a lot of relics, jewelry, coins and even gold nuggets with them both.Anything above the price of the these Tesoros would be in the $1,000 + range.Good luck in your decisionKen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread