Need help..what video cameras do you use?

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been posting this in different spots and nobody seems to really care. Im interested in getting into taking video of my hunts and I was just wondering what set ups you guys use. Like what video cameras and stuff. Im not looking for anything fancy, just a decent video camera that is good for detecting and can easily upload videos to youtube and on here. Thanks for any help

compass

Jan 31, 2011
Southern Cal
Detector(s) used
White's TDI BeachHunter, Dual Field and Pi Pro. Minelab Excalibur and Equinox 800. Fisher Aquanaut.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi there, I use a Tachyon XC Micro Hemet Cam. It goes for about $100 new and I am very happy with it. It is lightweight, durable and takes a pretty decent video (I don't have the HD version). It is waterproof to 100 ft and even though I haven't dove with it I have been in the rain and surf spray.
One small negative thing about it is that the sound volume really drops to nothing with the waterproof cover closed. I usually leave the cover open which can let moisture and dirt get inside where the data card and batteries are.
All my videos here except 1 were taken with the Tachyon.
For editing I use Windows Movie Maker which is already on most people's computers I believe. Good Luck and HH!

NicktheMainer

Mar 22, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kodak zi8

I've seen quite a few metal detectorists on YouTube with the same camera.

nextlevel

Greenie
Jan 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly recommend the Kodak PlaySport zx5.

I purchased mine a year ago for about $150, but I believe they are down to $130-140 now. It has removable SD storage, records in multiple resolutions including 1080p HD, is waterproof up to 3 meters, and shockproof up to 1.5 meters.

This camera can take a beating, and it records video, audio, and still images in very good quality. It is also very easy to use, you just click one button on the back to start recording, and click the same button to stop. It is a "vlogger" type camera.

l_09683424.jpg

Product Specifications
Sensor type

1 / 3.2–type 5 MP CMOS
Lens

5.5 mm, 35 mm equivalent
Zoom

4X digital
Image stabilization

digital
Display size

2.0 in. 112K TFT color LCD, 4:3, auto brightness control, LCD Glare Shield
Storage

128 MB internal memory[1], SD/SDHC card expansion slot (up to 32 GB)
File formats

video: MPEG-4, AAC-LC
still: JPEG/EXIF v2.21

Video length

~10 hours of HD video with the expandable SD/SDHC memory card slot up to 32 GB (~20 min. per 1 GB at 720p HD @ 30 fps)
Focus system

continuous TTL multizone auto focus (auto macro)
Focus range

auto: 10 cm–infinity
macro: 7–17 cm
auto underwater: 13 cm–infinity
macro underwater: 10–22 cm

Face Detection

yes
Capture modes

1080p (16:9)—1920 x 1080, 30 fps
720p (16:9)—1280 x 720, 60 fps
720p (16:9)—1280 x 720, 30 fps
WVGA (16:9)—848 x 480, 30 fps
still (16:9)—5.3 MP

Capture effects

vivid color, normal color, sepia, B&W, high saturation, 1970's film look
Weather/Outdoor ratings

waterproof—IEC 60529 IPX8, up to 10 ft
dustproof—IEC 60529 IP6X
shockproof—MIL-STD-810F, 5 ft. onto plywood

Review mode

delete, playback, FF, rewind, pause, volume control, tagging, Share, e-mail, add e-mail
Editing options (video)

trim, extract pictures
Share destinations

FACEBOOK, FLICKR, KODAK Gallery[2], YouTube, TWITTER, ORKUT, YANDEX and KAIXIN001 sites[3], e-mail, and KODAK PULSE Digital Frame[4]
I/O interface

micro USB (2.0 high speed)/AV out/5V DC charging; micro HDMI (type D)
Tripod mount

1/4 in. standard
Microphone

yes—monaural
Speaker

yes—monaural
Power

internal Li-Ion battery (service replaceable), in-camera charging
Dedicated buttons

power, capture, review, menu, 5-way switch, delete, Share
Remote control

optional
Dimensions

2.3 Ă— 4.4 Ă— 0.7 in.
Weight

125 g

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Is the Kodak PlaySport zx5 Mac compatible?

Capt.Betances

Mar 27, 2012
Franklin, NJ (for now)
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATMAX, Garrett GTI 2500, Sea Hunter Mark II, Garrett ACE 400, Minelab X-Terra, Garrett Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer AT, Eagle Eye, LRL, Audio generator app Tone, home-made dowsing L-rod,
A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MLB14076430.jpg Coleman CSXSWP-R 1080p Xtreme Waterproof Helmet Cam | Overstock.com

The Coleman CSXSWP-R 1080p Xtreme Waterproof Helmet Cam is an ideal device for capturing your extreme adventures. Whether you're sky diving, bike racing, or skiing, the CSXSWP-S can be easily mounted to your helmet or handlebars for a unique perspective.

Waterproof to 10 feet
HD 1080p video @ 30 fps
WVGA video @ 60 fps
Ultra wide-angle lens
Built-in status LCD
Ultra compact design
Light weight
Resolution: 1.6 megapixels (CMOS)
Memory: Micro SD (up to 8GB)
Video format: MOV
Interface: 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI C (Mini)
Power: Li-Ion Battery
Color: Red
Model: CSXSWP
Included items: Coleman CSXSWP, handlebar, universal helmet mounts, HDMI cable
Dimensions: 3.8 inches long x 1.5 inches wide x 1.6 inches high
Weight: 3.2 ounces

Today $119.99

and

head camera.jpg

http://archerelectronics.net/p/19107/Contour%203600%20Headband%20Mount%20for%20ContourGPS,%20ContourHD,%20and%20VHoldR-%252d%252d-1MO004BOZTAX99.html

Price: $17.94
Availability: In stock
Stock: 10
Condition: New
Shipping: Free
Add to Cart

Last edited:

NHDUG

Nov 24, 2008
Mid southern NH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS,Minelab Excaliber 800, Ace 250, Minelab X-Terra 70, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I use this, not bad at all, just got to remember to lower them a tad on nose while digging in the hole and trying to record the dig. Bought them at Dick's Sporting Goods store. That is and outdoor specialty store with hunting fishing, etc stuff. I think I paid around $100. I like them. The wind will ruin the sound at times when your head is turned the wrong way. The wind was very extreme the weeks I first tried them though....You still get the sound of detector when you have your headphones on, mic is on one side and under your headphone ear cup.

Last edited:

Realredrebel

May 6, 2012
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac w/X-1 SunRay probe.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jersey Hunter said:
Is the Kodak PlaySport zx5 Mac compatible?

Yes... Check out my YouTube videos for this year... I have a Mac and use the zx5... The other videos are with a flip mino hd... Still works fine... Best of luck.

realredrebel on YouTube.

Tim

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I highly recommend the Kodak PlaySport zx5.

I purchased mine a year ago for about $150, but I believe they are down to $130-140 now. It has removable SD storage, records in multiple resolutions including 1080p HD, is waterproof up to 3 meters, and shockproof up to 1.5 meters.

This camera can take a beating, and it records video, audio, and still images in very good quality. It is also very easy to use, you just click one button on the back to start recording, and click the same button to stop. It is a "vlogger" type camera.

l_09683424.jpg

My wife bought me this camera, they are on QVC, Best Buy.com for about $89.00 or so......i love it!!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am just getting into using a video camera with EFFECTS. I have posted videos before but just uploaded raw footage with no text or stuff. Two videos I posted today were done with a small SONY Cyber Shot and Adobe Premier Elements 10 software. See them in Tnet Member Hunts and My Daily Snapshots. Not like Hurthawk or Astrobouncer, but I'm working on it. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread