Need Help With ID of a Bottle and Possible Ideas on Value.

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of members of a new Treasure Hunting Club I joined were looking at a few of my bottles and one suggested that this one may have some value. He recalls seeing several very similar bottles with this diamond pattern that were very collectible.

The lip of the bottle has some chipping. It measures about 5 3/8" tall x about 4 3/4" wide and 2 5/8" deep.

Help Please!

MVC-001S.JPG MVC-002S.JPG MVC-003S.JPG MVC-004S.JPG MVC-005S.JPG MVC-006S.JPG

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
These were reproduced by the Clevenger Brothers in NJ in the 1930's in several different colors, hard to tell if this is one of those or an original 1800's piece without handling it. I don't know the value but the chips will hurt it either way, maybe Harry will have a thought on it....

sunrunner

Feb 22, 2012
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the same bottle in blue.bout it at the weaton village giftshop,in 1977.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the same bottle in blue.bout it at the weaton village giftshop,in 1977.

That's very interesting. When you say Wheaton Village are you speaking of Wheaton, IL.?

Do you have any idea as to what it may be worth?

On second thought, are you saying that they were made around that time? I may be wrong but I don't believe they were hand making, blowing bottles, at that time.

surf

Silver Member
Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
seeing eye shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
WheatonArts - WheatonArts

Hey JohnnyFlake,

"They" are hand making bottles today, in any number of locations. Wheaton Village is in New Jersey, baby.

Report-Snooki-of-Jersey-Shore-delivers-baby-boy-TL256QKO-x-large.jpg

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread