Need help with identifying these rocks please. Silver??

THR214

Feb 18, 2013
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver 4.JPG 102_6849.JPG 102_6850.JPG 102_6853.JPG
I am a total newbie at this, and this is my first post. I have to start by saying I love what all of the Hunters out there do!! Wish I could really get to dig and prospect like most of you out there, and hopefully soon, will begin doing it as well. I recently found these rocks and the shine from the sun caught my eye. To me, an untrained eye, these look like they are loaded with actual Silver. The first one is just full of it and has nice size areas of where it looks to be layered, those spots are softer and I can actualy put a razor blade inbetween each layer, there are square pieces of "silver" all over it. The next small rock looks like it was jst dipped in glitter, it just sparkles all around, but looks more silver in person. and last is a larger rock which has bad pictures but is has small spots of silver all over it as well. I just need to know, could this be actually worth something? Or should I take it a jewler to find out? Any help for this over-anxious newbie? I have more pics if you need to see them, just let me know. Thank you!!
silver 3.JPG small 1.JPG small 2.JPG small 3.JPG

OP
OP
T

THR214

Feb 18, 2013
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silver 1.JPG silver 2.JPG
I just wanted to add these 2 more pics of the main rock which I think is loaded with "silver"
Thank You.

OP
OP
T

THR214

Feb 18, 2013
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the welcome! I am fom Central New Jersey. These were not found in the ground, but actually from a delivery received for my driveway.

OP
OP
T

THR214

Feb 18, 2013
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not as of yet, I just found them yesterday, any idea where to start looking for that info?

NJHunter

Jan 31, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't help with rocks but I'm from central jersey too. Are you in the Monmouth county area?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread