Need help with lead

army82

Aug 6, 2006
I was doing some research on caves in Arizona at a library I found a pamphlet on area caves it was published in 1962. One article mentioned a etching of a turtle on the entrance.The area is close to were Coranado and the spanish went looking for the lost cities..
I would like to know more, have looked for the cave with no luck but I did find a couple old mine shafts. Why it interested me was the article are book had no mentions of treasure tales or symbols actualy said the marking of the turtle was probably scratched in by a bored child. In 1962 would they have had any Ideas of markings and symbols? Also the cave is full of water said to have been caused by a earthquak in the late 1800s wich might have kept people out. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Im also a comercial diver so water would not be a problem.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Army,

I would go to the nearest university library, they will have a map room with those stacks of thin shelves that will have maps in them....some will be of your area and might give you more details. Some of the maps will be about changes due to shifting geology (quake caused slides, etc) something may be mentioned in the foot notes about the flooded cave that may tell you where it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread