🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First off I have never hunted beaches but am planning a trip this year and would like some help on a machine. I will be going to the east coast probably Myrtle Beach area. I was seriously thinking about getting the Tesoro Sand Shark for in the water and using my MXT PRO on the dry sand. A friend of mine told me about the AT PRO as it will work for both and I need only to take one machine. I have heard both good and bad about the AT PRO working in the salt water. So what are your opinions about the AT PRO at the beach?

Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AT PRO + SALT = VHF = False Signals = Reduce Sensitivity = Disadvantaged.

SHARK = PI = No Discrimination = Dig Everything = Not as bad as it seems = Finds the Goods = Lifetime Warranty = Way to go.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DewGuru has good advice about AT Pro. When I travel I always take 2 machines. If one stops working you will be stuck wthout detecting if you only take one.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go with the Sand Shark in the Wet! Big Gold to you!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those that hunt the saltwater beaches with the AT PRO do so at a great disadvantage because of the different salt concentrations on a beach. You need to operate at reduced sens then black sand gives you trouble in some areas.

Good thing you got the Sand Shark, its one great detector for saltwater.

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's a great machine for sure! Went out today even though I knew the waves would be rough, even with the waves knocking me back & forth I could see that the Sand Shark was doing its job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread