OP
OP
dasdigger

dasdigger

Feb 1, 2008
frederick,md
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 & mxt 300
yes ive got it in the ground mode. im running it in the relic mode also with switch in the middle. and putting my gain at the preset

OP
OP
dasdigger

dasdigger

Feb 1, 2008
frederick,md
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 & mxt 300
its the 300 12" coil it came with the md and yes i tried the coin mode also. the pinpointing idea sounds good ill do that next time. its just frustrating when your not sure its running right im in a good cw camp right now with my friend and hes diggin buttons and i cant even get a bullet out of the ground. its seems like everything im diggin is shallow

OP
OP
dasdigger

dasdigger

Feb 1, 2008
frederick,md
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 & mxt 300
i run at a low threshold but not silent. its not running smooth at all i get all kinds of noise while im swinging im thinking thats not normal.im about ready to go back to the 5900

OP
OP
dasdigger

dasdigger

Feb 1, 2008
frederick,md
Detector(s) used
whites 5900 & mxt 300
yeah gotta stick with it if i dont the old lady would be pissed because you know i had to have it ;D thanks for the help

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I have never used the 12" coil but I do use a 6x10. When I first started to use the MXT I to wondered if I was balancing it right. After some time on the machine & reading many post on the forum I realized that the MXT balances it's self so quick that I don't even worry about it any more. Every once in awhile I will find a spot with no signal pull the trigger into pin point mode & pump the coil a couple of times, this works well and I have faith in the machine where ever I am hunting.

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Once you have it balanced, lift the coil waist high, pull and hold the pionpoint trigger while slowly lowering the coil to the ground. The threshold should remain even, a slight increase is ok. I f this comes out ok then you may have another issue. Do you have the gain up to high for the ground you are hunting?

ColoradoGoldman

Jul 9, 2009
Falcon, CO.
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300,Whites Pulse Scan TDI, Detector Pro Pistol Probe
Got a few questions. What type of soil you hunting in? Do you have a DD coil to try? In Pospect mode what is the Ground VDI #? Is the ground that red iron clay? You didn't say what type of detector your friend is using is it a PI? Is he using a DD coil?
I would get rid of the 300mm coil and get a smaller DD like a 6X10 or a 10"D2 and use it in high mineralized soils they have better depth. Not many VLF detector will handle the soil in VA.
HH
C

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread