Need help with my Minelab Explorer XS

mikey78

Greenie
Sep 11, 2004
Hello all. My housing for my minelab explorer is cracked right at where the shaft goes into the computer housing, right where the locking lever for the shaft is. The pin that the lever uses is halfway out as well, I think the swaying back and forth while using the detector just put too much pressure and the plastic cracked. The detector is still useable, but the shaft is loose and i have to push it back up into the housing every few minutes or it will fall out and it is now a little wobbly during use. Does anybody know where i can get a new housing or better yet a mod where i can eliminate those levers? I have not had any luck searching on the net. I do not want to have to send it into Minelab and pay an arm and a leg (it is out of warranty) Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks :'(

Upvote 0

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two Words..DUCT TAPE!! ;D ;D My Dad always said it would fix anything! Your manual should have a parts list in it or if not Minelab will be able to furnish same. Then you should be able to order just the parts. I am having trouble picturing the damage in my small brain but epoxy ribbon or a product like liquid solder is very good at fixing cracks. It's waterproof and you can get it in several colors. You can mask it off and shape it with something such as sandpaper or a small file and the repair will be stronger than the original material and it's almost invisible. Better than duct tape if that is possible! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions