NEED HELP WITH MY PRO POINTER

smf399

Aug 7, 2012
Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know its not the appropriate thread but im going on a big hunt in a couple days and I could really use some help. A couple of days ago while I was detecting and my pro pointer just died. I tried replacing the batteries, jiggling it, but all I could get was the light to go in occasionally. My warranty has expired and if anybody has any tips that would be great. Thank you so much.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Send it back to Garrett. They will take good care of you and treat you quite fairly.

woodstock

Feb 7, 2008
The Great Northwoods
Detector(s) used
F 75 Ltd ~ And many others
This is a "what is it" not a "how to fix it " forum so post it again in the right spot or just send it back to Garrett ... Woodstock

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Send it Back they Will take care of it, Just got My 3 year old one Back!! it IS like NEW!! nO cHARGE Now How Do I TAKe the CapS Off LOL Chug Garretts Rocks On there Service!! Trust Me Chug!!!

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woodstock, cut him some slack send the pro pointer back and get the sun ray in line pointer you'll be glad you did.
I have the f75 LE and it works great with the sun ray it's not cheep but it's like having a second coil on your machine.
Hope that helped? HH
Broken Knee

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try placing something like cardboard behind the battery. Some have reported that the battery doesn't make contact after a while and this helps.

OP
OP
smf399

smf399

Aug 7, 2012
Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never mind guys! I actually smacked it against a chair leg and now it works! Wow

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, glad it works for ya now

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's how I teach my Two year old grandson to fix things too. It worked for my daughter's bugler alarm when the power went out and would't shut off. One swift whack with a hammer fixed that problem too, maybe I should mention it to her?

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woodstock, cut him some slack send the pro pointer back and get the sun ray in line pointer you'll be glad you did.
I have the f75 LE and it works great with the sun ray it's not cheep but it's like having a second coil on your machine.
Hope that helped? HH
Broken Knee

Didn't they just quit making the Sunray? I know I just read something along those lines

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't they just quit making the Sunray? I know I just read something along those lines

They stopped making the Sunray s1 for Minelab Explorer se and Etrac- the cist for the upper rod was too expensive (cable goes inside rod on those models).I believe all other models are still being made.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread