Need Help with Newspaper Ad.

Clev

Feb 16, 2010
Polk County,NC
I need help writing an ad for a flyer that I am going to have printed and inserted into the local newspaper. I am in search of old photos and old stories from the old people. I also want land owners to contact me if there is an old home site on there property so I can document it for history purposes. I will go to there location and scan all there old pictures at there location. The problem is that I cant write worth a damn. The words preservation, recording, Integrity, sound good but I just cant figure out how to word all this stuff. If anyone here is a writer and would be kind enough to help me will you please contact me?? Please…

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be sure to chose your words wisely. Phrases like "Old People" just doesn't cut it these days when referring to people. Besides, 'old' is a frame of mind. To a 9 or 10 year old child, someone in their 20's is 'old'. To someone in their 40's, 60's and 70's are old. I think you see what I mean. Using the word 'old' may be OK if your talking about an old building or structure or old piece of property.

You may want to say something like "The older generation", "Seniors", "Senior citizens", "Senior land owners". I think you get the drift. Like the saying goes, "You get more flys with honey than you do with vinegar". Good luck.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, lets get this straight, you want to record the history or detect the property? I think many people will feel like "recording history" is too much like casing the joint. I think if you better explained your intentions you'd get more replies from people willing to help with ideas. I've never much believed in having the property owners coming to me as far as detecting sites is concerned.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread