Need Help with value of 3 coins

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st coin is a 1879 dollar coin . 2nd coin is a 1953 Franklin half and 3rd coin is a 1926 Mercury head dime. just looking for melt unless there might be something special about any of these coins. condition of Dollar is pretty good except for an edge ding half and dime have wear dime being worst. Thank You in advance for help.Sorry no pics. Friend needing info that's why no pics.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There are at least six different 1879 silver dollars. For starters, what is the mint mark or is it 'blank' in that area? Plain is the most common; the rarest is "CC".
There is nothing special about the '53 Franklin other than it's 90% silver.
The '26 dime (also 90% silver) is a keeper if the mint mark is "S".
Don.....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not see any mint marks on dollar and the Merc is worn bad cant see a mint on it.Where mint mark would be is just a bump. Are all 3 coins 90%?

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for info greatly appreciated.

detectingarizona

Feb 4, 2013
tempe, arizona, usa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter challenger, and Ace 250, gold nugget bucket!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please try posting pictures of the coins if you can, it would help identify the coins.

OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thank you all my friend had to sell them and she just didn't want to be ripped off. The bump was indecipherable looked at under a 10X loupe worn into just a bump.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions