need help

hobbes

Feb 25, 2007
I have never posted before but I thought now would be a good time to get some help.60-70 years ago a friend of mines father found a rock with a map drawn on it.On the map it showed 3 piles of shells in a triangle.The 3 shell piles were found an the land upon it purchased.Believing that a treasure was between the piles they got an old bulldozer an pushed up every bit of ground between an beyond the piles.That was 60+ yrs ago .The shells are gone,the rock with the map has disapeared bu the land is still there.
Would this be a fools errand to look for.Any advice would be appreciated.

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.
It might be worth the time to use a two box detector on the place. If you can figure out where they used the bulldozer then you can set up a grid. keep in mind though that the guys reading the map may have been mistaken on where the cache was. It could have been outside of the triangle.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worth it Even with a Cheap Detector.
When ground gets Moved around everything in it gets Mixed around.
If by Luck Something got Busted open
Or even a small coin at a foot deep got dug
there is a Chance it was Missed & when
re filling the area it could
have ended up just under the surface.

stilldign

Oct 21, 2007
hobbes,
Triangles, when used to point to treasure, give a distance to the next sign/treasure. The fact that the bulldozer work was done in the center of this triangle means that the room is still there even though the triangle has been obliterated.
GPR should help.
Again, this is assuming that the triangle was leading to treasure.

OP
OP
H

hobbes

Feb 25, 2007
Thanks guys for the reply's.I have 2 ft of snow here now but will look around come spring.Hopefully there might be something on the beach as a marker also.

Curtis

Sep 3, 2008
Cincinnati
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of the people who post here will have a lot of great ideas and I hope they post them or PM you their ideas. I too found a rock carved with Indian or Spanish markings and it has triangles on it...but they represent hollows. A couple of things come to mind...is the terrain hilly there?...so that you could see the makings of (even small) hollows? The reasons is that whoever did the marking/carving may have put the shell piles at the mouth of the correct hollow. This doesn't help much if you do not have the rock to look at. It may have had some obscure marks that would indicate where the items were buried in that particular hollow. The other thing is that there may be a line of these triangles that lead to the last one which would be the right one to dig at...any old over grown small mounds further in some other direction?(as someone else mentioned).

Attachments

• Sunday, January 13, 2008 (4).jpg
    Sunday, January 13, 2008 (4).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 234
  • Sunday, January 13, 2008 (4).jpg
    Sunday, January 13, 2008 (4).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 242

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread