• P1010068.JPG
    P1010068.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 83

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a little info on Larry's Whiskey. Larry (or Larry's) Whiskey. Another brand of rye. Incidentally, rye whiskey was almost unheard of prior to the turn of the century but the fad really caught on around 1910. It must have fallen back into disfavor with the whiskey drinkers because I don't recall ever seeing it on the shelves these days. Larry was a brand of Wilmerding, Lowe & Co. and is a real late product in terms of their lines. It dates ca. 1912 - 1915 and must have not been a good seller since they never registered the brand and they are considered rare by tanker standards.

This one sports the strap sides correct embossed Kellogg Whiskey IT stopper and a simple, yet to the point label. Interesting is that the bottle is embossed Larry's and yet the label reads Larry~ Significance? Don't ask me...

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, left off the photos.

image-2518519080.png

image-3212038088.png

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Appears to be a little on the rare side.

OP
OP
J

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
Here's a little info on Larry's Whiskey. Larry (or Larry's) Whiskey. Another brand of rye. Incidentally, rye whiskey was almost unheard of prior to the turn of the century but the fad really caught on around 1910. It must have fallen back into disfavor with the whiskey drinkers because I don't recall ever seeing it on the shelves these days. Larry was a brand of Wilmerding, Lowe & Co. and is a real late product in terms of their lines. It dates ca. 1912 - 1915 and must have not been a good seller since they never registered the brand and they are considered rare by tanker standards.

This one sports the strap sides correct embossed Kellogg Whiskey IT stopper and a simple, yet to the point label. Interesting is that the bottle is embossed Larry's and yet the label reads Larry~ Significance? Don't ask me...

Thanks so much for all your help, bass assassin!

OP
OP
J

jhamner

Dec 2, 2008
Appears to be a little on the rare side.

Good! I like rare! Could you venture a guess as to value, although that's primarily not what interests me--I just like collecting unusual items. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread