Need information on location of Hammond Orchard, Port Townsend, WA???

cercatrova

Sep 7, 2010
Bremerton, WA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 w/ 9x12 coil
Hey y'all.

I'm new to detecting and to this forum. Was hoping to get some help or maybe find someone that knows somebody that has heard of the Hammond Orchard in or near Port Townsend, WA. I've called the court house, historical society, community development with no results.

I live in Bremerton, WA and Port Townsend is just a hop and a skip away from me. There are 2 buried treasure stories about this orchard but I am having one heck of a time finding out any information on the owner of the orchard or it's location...

any ideaS?

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Lots of ideas. But first, welcome to TNet! I see this is your first post.

Depending on time frame for the cache(s), you may need to search for Donation Land Claims of the area (county) involved. That may require going to the county tax assessment office. Hammond Orchard sounds like a business name.

Here's one source for info: Hammond House Cottage, 834 Pierce Street, Port Townsend, (360) 385-6269; said to be next to Hammond House which was built in 1890.

If Hammond Orchard associated with this property, looks like it is well-developed now.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Cerca:
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
I believe you're referring to the Sutton and Buckley treasures.
If so, my recollection is those events happened in 1870.
Knowing the year and the probably landowner's name (Hammond) is good information to now present to the Historian of PT and to the Reference Desk of the PT library--in quest of the location of the property owned by "Hammond" in 1870.
Good hunting !!
Don....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions