Need information on token....

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's nickel sized. Front: Woodring's Drug Store. Back: "Good For 12 1/2 cents in Trade".

I've goolged different combinations of the wording and can't find any information that dates it. Any help would be appreciated.

I did find this written about another drug store token. So I'm guessing that the token is from the early 1900's.

"12 ½ cents (one bit) as one quarter equals 2 bits…terminolgy which used to be prevalent 100 years ago. Have been told that 12 ½ cents typically bought a high end cigar back in the early 1900’s."

HH Randy

Attachments

• Resized picture of token.jpg
    Resized picture of token.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 172
  • Resized back size of pic.jpg
    Resized back size of pic.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 173

tokensmith

Aug 8, 2007
Your token is listed under Bingham, UT in Campbell's book on Utah tokens. The 1918 Dun Lists W.H. Woodring as a druggist in Bingham Canyon, UT. That same reference doesn't mention a town named Bingham so perhaps the Canyon part was dropped at a later date.

Campbell lists it with an estimated value of $10-20.

OP
OP
RandyNorthridgeCa

RandyNorthridgeCa

Mar 27, 2005
Northridge, Calif.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F-75, SE, explorer 2 on beaches), CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tokensmith said:
Your token is listed under Bingham, UT in Campbell's book on Utah tokens. The 1918 Dun Lists W.H. Woodring as a druggist in Bingham Canyon, UT. That same reference doesn't mention a town named Bingham so perhaps the Canyon part was dropped at a later date.

Campbell lists it with an estimated value of $10-20.
That didn't take long :icon_thumleft:. Thanks for the help and information. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread