need investment suggestions (slilver/gold?????)

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Hello everyone, I just got back from my deployment from Afghanistanand saved up some money while I was there and I need to invest it or I know I willnickel and dime it away. I was thinkingabout buying silver or gold but open to suggestions, my son just turned 10months old and I would like to start saving for his education so I don’t planon touching it for awhile but with that being said I need access to it just incase of an emergency. I readthe post about buying gold and I like the idea about putting in an ad to buygold from people instead of a dealer but on this island there seems to be “webuy gold and silver” shops on every block. I am not sure what they buy at but I do know there is a coin shop hereand he charges $3 something over spot on silver. Anyways I am not really good at saving moneyand now that I have a little family I need to change my ways and anysuggestions will be looked in to. Thanksfor your input,

DonM

Apr 2, 2003
Whitby, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a word of caution - if you are going to advertise that you buy gold and silver......lots of honest people might respond to your ad but there are a lot of scumbags out there who will be thinking - "here's a guy that will have a wad of cash on him if he thinks that I have a lot of gold to sell him". You might want to also consider buying gold certificates from a bank as well - from what I have read, it won't be long (within 2 years) that gold will likely be $2,500 an ounce.

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Certificates could be worthless one day some how? Gold in hand, or don't do it! Just my opinion :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread