Need knowledge from more experienced hunters

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a field right down the road from my house. In that field is a patch of woods right in the middle. On the edge of that woods patch is a well. Could a well be a sign that there was a house? Just to throw in a little bit detail about the place. There is a round mound of dirt the size of a kids pool. Only signs of modern things are half of a broken coke bottle 50s or 60s. Brown glass beer bottle and metal covering the well.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Randy, what is stopping you from turning your machine on and detecting the area? Just go! Start at the well and radiate out from it - Big gold brother!:headbang:

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a little research on this map shows the name T.Ball and that's the same location i do believe. Map 1880.
Screenshot_20180628-143307.jpg

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randy, what is stopping you from turning your machine on and detecting the area? Just go! Start at the well and radiate out from it - Big gold brother!:headbang:

Weeds are stopping me from the detecting the surrounding area. Just enough room to detect the woods part.

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
Do what you can now, when the weeds are down in fall winter spring hit the rest. looking at your maps it looks like a home site.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Go for it. Crank up All metal till you find iron. Grid the area and narrow it down to pay dirt. Good luck.

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for the unnecessary post should have done research first. I was just so excited that i found a well. Not to many people get excited over a well. Once my dad brings back my launch I'm heading over there. Going to shine light down the well.

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for it. Crank up All metal till you find iron. Grid the area and narrow it down to pay dirt. Good luck.

I over lapped the map and finished my dinner. Packing up to go hunting now.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Bud. Drop a magnet down the well. Let us know how it goes.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The area looks promising, start a Spiral Grid pattern around the tree area and like Terry said "radiate out from it". Take your time and if it were me...I'd dig everything! :icon_thumleft:

Good luck in your adventure! :occasion14:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry for the unnecessary post should have done research first. I was just so excited that i found a well. Not to many people get excited over a well. Once my dad brings back my launch I'm heading over there. Going to shine light down the well.

Let us know if you find "Timmy." :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
R

RandyTheKid

Mar 16, 2018
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got back from the location the weeds are so bad that i can barely walk. But i did get a look into to the cistern* the only thing i seen down there was some mud and a black snake hanging out down there. I walked around to see if I could find a dump but didn't have any luck.This location will be my hunting spot for fall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread