Need major help!

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Upvote 0

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Go to the Garrett web site and download the manual and read through it!!!!
http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby-manuals/ace_150_250_manual_english.pdf

Go to YouTube and find some videos.
Also, just get out, toss some coins in the grass and get used to how the thing sounds...

Practice, Practice, Practice. Also patience helps!
Good luck, it'll come and before long you'll be finding some good stuff!!!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to be the barer of bad news, but every time you go out doesn't always equate to a good find :tongue3: Even with experience you will still get skunked, it's part of the territory :laughing7:

Anyway, what Dwight said pretty much covered it :icon_thumright:

BOOTY SEEKERS IA

Jun 18, 2012
CENTRAL IOWA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ACE250
GARRETT GTI 2500
GARRETT PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also agree with previous posts, it will take practice to learn the machine. I have that machine and love it. Have found old items, plenty of new coins and lots and lots of junk. Just be patient and keep working it.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace 250 is a great machine for the price but I learned the hard way that it's best not to hunt in all metal mode until you get a lot of experience. Don't hunt with the sensitivity at max or you will pull your hair out and want to wrap it around the nearest tree. Back the sensitivity down from max at least 2 bars. Hunt in coin mode for a good while and you will be better off. Also, toss a zinc penny down on the ground and eliminate that little booger from the screen. Pinpointing might be a little hard to get used to so dig a little bigger hole at first until you get pinpointing down pat. I believe you will like that machine. I've found gold rings and lots of old silver coins with mine.

DANGLANGLEY

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
spartacus53 said:
I hate to be the barer of bad news, but every time you go out doesn't always equate to a good find :tongue3: Even with experience you will still get skunked, it's part of the territory :laughing7:

Anyway, what Dwight said pretty much covered it :icon_thumright:

You can't really blame the guy. You see ad's on tv. Dealers pumping up their products. Even today's finds on forums makes it look like there are good finds at every outing.

INDYHAWKINS

Greenie
Jul 19, 2012
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only get to go out a couple times a week, usually for no more than an hour. I feel lucky to get a coin or two most times. I plan for 10-20 pull tabs/pop cans. Then you get the other junk. My ACE 250 is the king of finding pennies!! I must say however I have found a silver dime, and a gold and diamond ring with it too. I am new with mine just this year. Just takes time and patience.

OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Found two wheat cents this morning in the front yard. 1931 and a 1945 Philly mint both of them. Loving this thing

gradechecker69

Jul 2, 2012
Southern OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac, AT-Pro, Sovereign Elite and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you keep swinging, they will come.:headbang: Oh yeah throw a pic up. It's great to see first finds!!!!!!! GL&HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
dustywallen

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Well searched about 30 minutes today with my daughter, her friend, and my nephew. Found 4 clad quarters, clad Jefferson, and a 53-d wheat. And......my first ring it is stamped so it is silver! Baby ring but still a ring.

ForumRunner_20120903_200859.png

ForumRunner_20120903_200848.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread