Need side scan

Rustys Mate

Apr 10, 2007
Philadelphia
I was hoping maybe he could get Doug and Lynn to run the Polly L over once FPL is done with her.( Just a thought) I love that ship.

I'm quite sure Tom might get a few people to help him out financially.

OP
OP
tom yerian

tom yerian

Jun 25, 2005
Fla Keys
Detector(s) used
Whites-Fishers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGecy said:
Tom,

Whats the job pay?
Hi bob, how you doing buddy, I will not be paying, it will be them. Contract stipulates they pay all costs to bring this wreck site about. I will tell you this, a professional co. will send me a copy of their business lic. and, and a copy of their fees/charges. Since I no longer have the fisher, I will have to make sure that they are a lagitimate co.I can not rely on an unprofessional operation. I must have no less than the equivalent of the fisher100/600 to do the job! Thats what I used to find it in the first place,so, I CAN WORK WITH NOTHING LESS.!I have a very adequate boat to use to setup, and tow! The equipment is very portable, so, I do not need to have them use their boat.Also, a KLIEN 3000,would be wonderful,expensive, and, overkill for this project.I can use it for something else.We talked about that befor!!This wreck is needed for: 1. My credbility,2. to further capture a deeper site.This will finance that. I will never go through this BS again. I don't ever want to depend on others to full fill my dreams, I will do it myself!!Thats it in a nut shell...Tom

OP
OP
tom yerian

tom yerian

Jun 25, 2005
Fla Keys
Detector(s) used
Whites-Fishers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rustys Mate said:
I was hoping maybe he could get Doug and Lynn to run the Polly L over once FPL is done with her.

I'm quite sure Tom might get a few people to help him out financially.
Hi Rusty,how you doing? I didn't know you were on this site;should have guessed it though! Honey, as far as people helping me out financially; I have to avoid that like the plague.I was Told by a beautiful old man named Sam Kirby, Tht the first order of business for any one that wants to get involved in a wreck discovery,is, HOW TO F... YOU OUT OF IT!!No truer words have ever been spoken to me by anyone. This wreck will afford me the money to do what I have planned elswhere. To bring in partners is opening the door to the DEVIL!.Wilf does not own this wreck, he is under contract to, verify and fund it! He has problems with equipment,etc,etc,but his time will run out.They have verified it, but, the quality of the images is poor. They have seen enough to know what I have down there.Jim will be here Oct1.to get their equipment squared away. I recommended to Randy to have Jim bring his ss, just in case. If they do not produce, I will excercise my right to do the job myself, to get it done, under new contract agreement! I am sick of messing around! See ya,...WT

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Fisheye,

Jim W. is supposed to be onsite Oct 1st.

Tom is looking just in case things fall through!

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It always pays to have a backup plan in this biz.

OP
OP
tom yerian

tom yerian

Jun 25, 2005
Fla Keys
Detector(s) used
Whites-Fishers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
Tom-
Respectfully, if you already have side scan sonar images of the site, which would imply you also now know the location of the wreck, why not put divers on it to obtain measurements, high-resolution still and video images, etc.? That would give you the credibility and documentation you desire. Why go backward instead of forward?
Cheers,
Mike

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Mike,

The original side scan images were inconclusive. You can see a definite rise and what looks like a ballast pile, but the details are just not there. The pile is in a ravine like, and you have to fly the fish almost perfect to see it.

The latest side scan images re-confirmed the conclusion on the first set, but again, the images are not as good as needed.

I am sure they will be in the water after this next set of images.

Robert

OP
OP
tom yerian

tom yerian

Jun 25, 2005
Fla Keys
Detector(s) used
Whites-Fishers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
barney said:
Tom-
Respectfully, if you already have side scan sonar images of the site, which would imply you also now know the location of the wreck, why not put divers on it to obtain measurements, high-resolution still and video images, etc.? That would give you the credibility and documentation you desire. Why go backward instead of forward?
Cheers,
Mike
Mike, normally, that would be the case. This group wants a little more substantial image. This site is in Sanc. Got tread carefully, even under Admiralty claim. They have seen it, they know its there.This is the surface survey,underwater survey is where I take over and see that its done right! Its a pretty deep wreck, and just any old sport diver trained diver is not acceptable. One accident due to diver diving in environment they are not trained for, comes back on me! Mix gas divers only! Ihave to conform to all known rules/regs, on the books, and to play it safe,common sence rules, even if not covered! This will be the first full pile wreck since Mel brought the world the Atocha.So, I have to be very careful.There were times,when I would doubt myself, but would pass very quickly.But when I got the results of the last scan,it verified to me, I did it! I did find a big wreck. I found 5 points of comparison with my old images.They saw it to! The don't doubt that its there, now. Yes I think is a hassel, but they are paying the bills!! The next phase of this ops. is DIVING HER!.Believe me I can't wait to be the first on site with camera/video in hand!! to para phrase a great man.."That will be my day"...Tom Yerian....WT

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
RGecy said:
Mike,

The original side scan images were inconclusive. You can see a definite rise and what looks like a ballast pile, but the details are just not there. The pile is in a ravine like, and you have to fly the fish almost perfect to see it.

The latest side scan images re-confirmed the conclusion on the first set, but again, the images are not as good as needed.

I am sure they will be in the water after this next set of images.

Robert

Hi Robert-
Again, if you have the location based on the initial image, even if its inconclusive, it would be easy for divers to run transects with scooters or whatever to groundtruth what is down there. 200 feet -- even 300 feet -- is very doable.
I am not sure what these particular circumstances are, but there have been past instances where someone made a claim and to further their effort it would have been easy to put divers down to fully document their find. Instead, they declined and continued to solicit investors' money based on fuzzy images and circumstantial evidence. ::)
I am in no way saying that's the case here, just mentioning that there are definitely ways to quickly, effectively, and efficiently determine if the potential target is worth pursuing.
Good luck.
Mike

Dinkydick

Oct 2, 2004
Tom I don't understand your choise of methods to identify the
object on the bottom. If you (as you say) located a possible wreck
but just lack a clear side scan recording to convince your investors
I would think in terms of renting a ROV for a month or more to get
better pictures of the object on the bottom. Side scans produce
images of what they see on a much larger scale than any diver can
see. Placing a "certified" diver in great depths of water is a risk. If
anything happens to this diver I am sure that the program you are
involved in would end in a heartbeat. Having commercial divers with
compressors and communications would be better but not as inexpensive
as a ROV. A ROV can be used all day long and if it gets in trouble you
cut the cable and order another one. Bottom time for divers is not
going to be great unless you have a bunch of divers on hand. Communication
with SCUBA divers would have to be used or you are asking for trouble.
Question - What do you think the divers will see and reconize that a ROV
can't? What if water visability is poor when the divers are in the water?
With an ROV you pull it out and come back another day. I am sure that
the side scan recordings are showing you all the wreck that is visable
from the direction you recording from. I would do more searching and from
various direction prior to placing anything into the water be it divers or ROV.
However, if you haven't located the wreck all of the above does not apply.

Dinkydick

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Dinky & Cornelius, You guys should save your breath. I made the same suggestion several weeks ago. The problem is that the owner of the company in question doesn't listen to anyone. Especially people that know what they are talking about. It would be different if he knew what he was doing, but he doesn't. He is just a certified scuba diver with no experience that runs the company the way he wants to run it.

p.s. I'm not talking about Tom the guy that found the wreck.

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
That's why every good treasure boat should have a 'suggestion box.' ;D ;D

OP
OP
tom yerian

tom yerian

Jun 25, 2005
Fla Keys
Detector(s) used
Whites-Fishers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DD, How you doing? In reguards to rov.Great Idea,but, The small rovs of which you are,i hope referring to do not have the juice to approach near 200 fsw.Remember, I have a constant east/ west flow, not even counting on the tidal effects. The props on these little roves cannot fight the current! I have a commando, I used with limited success;same Hassel! You can't just let out more cable,as you increase drag resistance,as drag increases you need more power to over come.Average current in this area is 1.5 knt. e/w, up to almost 3knt.Unless I have a several hundred thousand dollar rove. I can't EVEN afford that!. Now, a phantom May do the jobin 1knt, but it to has its limits of power/prop ratio.I have recieved your paper work, will call you later..WT

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom... Just what do you think you have here? Have you found any artifacts that might date the wreck? TIA

OP
OP
tom yerian

tom yerian

Jun 25, 2005
Fla Keys
Detector(s) used
Whites-Fishers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff k: I have been struggrling for years with this wreck! a s soon as I show what I have, greed sets in and I have to fight with it all over again. If I wanted to carter a boat to go off shore for two days of fishing, (70) miles, how much would it cost me. The moment it is realized that a treasure wreck is involved, The price for no more than a dive charter has jumped to ten times the first price,not counting now they want a percentage;bullshit!!!A hundred times bullshit. That Is what I have been up against all these years.I know where the f..... thing is!!@#$%^&**&#$%!!! I need only a boat to get me there,myself to get me there, and two teck. certified divers, with video and this thing would be over!!!The f@#$%^^$ greed of people is what is failing me and this wreck. Who ever was to help would be be compensated fairly, but, I be damned if I pay outlandish fees and be expected to give them high percentages, only to begin a new round of F..#$%^*(_)(* all over again.Now for all of you out there that think I have to go through that as a part of business, you must be from a different planet!!!Now, if some one is willing really be of assistance in helping me to get this finished, or, at least to the next field of battle,call me!!!!Tom...305-896-6697.I am for real, Bob Gecy, knows that I have something. The last miserable ss images from a piece of shit ss, shows the wreck, with five, FIVE, POINTS OF UNDENIEABLE COMPARISON, to my old ss.If any who saw the comparisons would say anything less than what I am saying now,also,would have to be FROM ANOTHER PLANET!!!Remember this, those of you out there have money to do explore,check your liquor bill for the year, or, your golf fees, or the fuel bill for your boats, especially for those of you that look for the same thing,I HAVE FOUND!..Its not that you can't afford it,its the greed factor in people, that want as much of something, for as little as they have to put out.I have found a great wreck,and am frustrated to near insanity over this.I wish to chr.., I had't found this f...@#$%^&**% wreck,but,I did, so I have to pursue it. My advise to all of you out there, if you are ever cursed to find a wreck of any significance, never reveal it to a living soul, or, you will live to regret it!! Trust me, For some of you this is a weekend passtime, if you ever do succeed in a discovery, remember back to this post! And, to the bigger budget boys,be careful,you also remember back to this post,you will most likely end up losing it, if not to the greed factor,AMONG FRIENDS,HUH!!!or to the government of the jurisdiction in where it was found.Now, I hope you all get an Idea of what I am talking about,God bless/good luck,you will need both.Well, do I have any takers?? Wt...305-896-6697.. [email protected] ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ::) :o :o :o

barney

Oct 5, 2006
FLORIDA
tom yerian said:
I need only a boat to get me there,myself to get me there, and two teck. certified divers, with video and this thing would be over!!!

Tom, if that's all you need I would be happy to help. I would love to photograph/video the wreck for you. I also know numerous people with boats in the Keys and can likely do this for a fuel split. Just let me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions