Need some advice

Truffleshuffle

Sep 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ok So Im hunting in a front yard of a relitives house. The driveway makes my detecter go off but while I was detecting I found one real good signl that was reading 50c but it was a few inches away from the driveway. I could not tell if the driveway was making the detecter go off or if it was a legit signal. I know the edge where the drive is makes the detecter go off but that one spot was the only spot not reading penny or nickle. Would you dig that spot knowing mostlikly it was a phantom hit?

OP
OP
T

Truffleshuffle

Sep 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
DigginThePast said:
If you dig all the signals you won't miss the gold. :icon_thumright:
that is true! I went back this evening right before dark and That whole edge of the yard next to the driveway gets the detecter to go off so Im not sure but I think its from the drive way. Im not going to dig it untill I buy a new digging tool thats more capable than the weak garden troul Im useing now

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoever put in that driveway might have left a metal form in place.

slowNsteady

Mar 26, 2010
Broken Arrow, OK
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter, Fisher 1220 1225 F2 F4, BH Land Star, Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Vaquero
If my memory serves me well enough, I think you have the Ace right? The Ace will sound off around concrete occasionaly. I use the 4" coil and been able to X the targets enough to find them, but it is a pain. You have to use really short sweeps. In pinpoint mode the machine will just blast you with sound so don't do that. You're probably picking up the rebar in the driveway. Coins have a habit of ending up right beside the concrete and you can get some nice finds from those edges if you take your time.

BubbaJon

Greenie
Nov 29, 2009
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes
Yeah - edges are a tough call. Do you have an indicating discriminator? Does it show as iron? Is it continuous over a distance or limited to one section? I'm pretty sure they don't put rebar in a driveway - it's just a poured slab. I would think that ground balance would not be too upset unless the slab material is something really strange. Best advice given was the first reply - dig everything. If you get junk out then clean and scan again until no reading or you're tired of digging.

tdigger

Tenderfoot
Sep 3, 2010
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6/MXT
I would after redusing the sensitivity and reevaluate the signal.Good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions