Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been CRH since the first of the year. The primary bank I deal with will sell me rolls, but have been hesitant to sell me boxes of coins. I did talk the manager into allowing me to get one box of halves.........but, it was a one time, no repeat deal.
I have also been to several other banks in the area to purchase rolls of coins without any problems.........with one exception.
I have accounts at 2 other banks (one of which is the "exception" and has become my dump bank) and am looking to open an account at another. This last bank is one that has been cheerfully allowing me to purchase rolls of coins. They even anticipate what I want when I enter. This is the bank I'd like to propose to make box purchases.
I should add that my community is small 35,000 population, so it is a bit intimate.

Question: When opening my account, does anyone advise my being forthcoming in my intent or allowing a further relationship to develop before making any box purchase requests?

Thanks for any and all opinions................

Upvote 0

abolton

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No need to tell the intent. Just open the account then call the next day and order a box. Most bank don't mind selling halves they just don't like buying them from you.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you not state your intent before opening the account? I have never understood the feeling of needing to be "secretive" or "tricky" in this hobby. CRH is not illegal. Either they will order boxes for you, or they will not. It would be best to know the answer to that question upfront. If the bank is not going to order boxes for you, do you still want to open the account, or would you rather patronize another establishment that might be a little more cooperative to your hobby?

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
State the intent, build better relationship to sustain the intent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread